inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: V

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/24/04 at 6:31 pm

Anyone here heard or seen V? It was a short lived TV series about aliens who invaid Earth, and it was (and it still is) one of my favorite shows.

http://www.movieprop.com/v/voriginal.jpg

Subject: Re: V

Written By: karen on 11/25/04 at 5:52 am

I think it started with a film first didn't it?  And then a sort of mini series.  I'm can't remember which year exactly it was on.  Summer of 1984 or 85. I remember all my friends were mad about it as well.

Written By: Paul on 11/25/04 at 7:50 am

Never watched it, but do remember a few scenes - mainly the one when a small rodent was swallowed whole...

At least, I hope this was from the programme, and not some weird dream I've been having...!!

Written By: jayblaq on 11/25/04 at 8:00 am

Yep that was a big mini series in the 80s.....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/25/04 at 9:37 am

I think it started with a film first didn't it?  And then a sort of mini series.  I'm can't remember which year exactly it was on.  Summer of 1984 or 85. I remember all my friends were mad about it as well.

It started as a mini series in 1983, followed by V: The Final Battle and the T.V. series in 1984.

Written By: karen on 11/25/04 at 9:42 am

It started as a mini series in 1983, followed by V: The Final Battle and the T.V. series in 1984.

I seem to recall it being a film then a miniseries here in the UK.  We may not have got the full works though.  Or perhaps its my memory playing tricks?

Written By: Howard on 11/25/04 at 7:13 pm

When did V have it's final episode? ???

Howard

Written By: cougardawg5 on 11/25/04 at 7:32 pm

V started as a mini series on NBC and proved a ratings smash that a series was made.  It was released in England and Canada as a movie (justs put the mini series episodes together..much like Battlestar Galactia).

The series was not as acclaimed as the mini series due to it's poor writing.  The cast was very unhappy.  Faye Grant who was the blond lady star was very unhappy and ready to leave the series at the end of the season (she's still around and married to WB's "7th Heaven" 's Stephen Collins).  The most recognizable name to come out of the cast was Robert Englund..Freddy from the 'Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/25/04 at 11:43 pm

They show repeats of V on a cable station here in Canada (Space: The Imagination Station), the last episode aired March 22, 1985 and lasted 25 episodes plus 2 Made for TV movies.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/26/04 at 12:07 am

I remember this show and actually liked it very much. My fave was Diana. By then, I knew I would love the bad guy (or girl, that is).

Tanya

Written By: whitewolf on 11/26/04 at 10:29 am

I still have both the original movie plus the final battle. You can see reruns on sunday on the space channel.

Written By: roboqueen on 11/27/04 at 12:33 am

I loved it. I watched when I was a kid,I think I was 11.

Anyway, my mom & dad never missed an episode (lucky me).
I got a little misty everytime one them ate a mousie or a birdie or anything of the likes.

Written By: ferrisb on 11/28/04 at 12:01 pm

What about "V the second generation" (pre production)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366112

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/05/06 at 10:40 pm

Yeah, it was the first miniseries I remember seeing. It was so popular that some of the kids in my neighborhood would spray paint red V's all through it.

Written By: 80sforever on 06/05/06 at 10:58 pm

This is one of my favorite TV series from the 80's. In fact I have both mini-series and the TV show on DVD.  ;D

Written By: karen on 06/06/06 at 5:14 am

Was it in the mini-series or the TV series where a girl gives birth to twins; one human looking and one lizard?

Written By: robby76 on 06/06/06 at 5:18 am

I have the whole lot on dvd and a little tribute to it on my myspace page. I loved everything about the show... mini series and tv series.

The twin birth was the mini series (which came first obviously). The twin that survived was Elizabeth the starchild... ha ha I know too much!

Check for new replies or respond here...