inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Solid Gold - The One And Only

Written By: cougardawg5 on 11/26/04 at 11:17 pm

I was a fan from the first special to the end.  Does anyone else remember the three hour original special that started out the series?  Can you name the two hosts?  Can you name the first song they played?

OK..enough trivia.  I thought the first round with just Dionne was the best,  Marilyn and Andy was good as well.  But Rick Dees..what crap!

And anyone else remember the other regulars? Marty Cohen was the first regular..a comedian (using that term would be generous).  He turned up years later trying to be a morning DJ in San Francisco and lasted about three months.  Arsino was cool.  Nina Blackwood...what the hell was she doing there.

I wish Paramount would get wise and try a new version.  Maybe we can get Ashlee Simpson to host now that her career is over! ;D

Subject: Re: Solid Gold - The One And Only

Written By: woops on 11/26/04 at 11:30 pm

I've seen it on VH1 in the mid '90's.  8)  (Was too young in the '80's to remember it  :P)

The dancers were also great.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/26/04 at 11:40 pm

I liked it. I would watch it. My fave host was Marilyn McCoo. I also liked when Madam (the puppet) would be on.

Tanya

Written By: Davester on 11/27/04 at 2:49 am

Uh, only watched it for the dancers...

Written By: Howard on 11/27/04 at 5:35 pm

When did Solid Gold go off the air?

Howard

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/05 at 12:02 pm

I used to LOVE that show! I would watch it with my mom when I was really young!  I used to love seeing the dancers flashy outfits!

Erin :)

Written By: duranchick on 07/13/05 at 1:24 pm

I loved that show!  Didn't Rex Smith also have a turn hosting?

Written By: Howard on 07/13/05 at 4:22 pm

It went off the air in 1988.It ran for about 8 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...