inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fraggle Rock

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/04 at 2:01 pm

Anyone here heard of or seen Fraggle Rock? It was a great show (and probally one of my favorite Muppet T.V. shows next to The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Muppet Babies).

http://www.manorquay.btinternet.co.uk/fraggle_rock_characters.gif

Subject: Re: Fraggle Rock

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/04 at 2:05 pm

I watched Fraggle Rock when it was origanally broadcast, and I have not seen any DVDs of the show yet in the shops.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/04 at 2:09 pm

It's a fun show to watch, and I can't wait until it comes out on DVD!

Written By: celprud on 11/28/04 at 2:44 pm

oH MY GOSH LOOK YOU HAVE A PIC OF FRAGGLES.  I LOVED FRAGGLE ROCK!! ANY ONE KNOW IF THEY EVER MADE LIKE A PLUSH DOLL OF THEM OR SOMETHING.  I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD NEICE THAT I WOULD LOVE TO GET ONE FOR HER IF I COULD FIND IT

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/04 at 2:53 pm

I used to watch Fraggle Rock all the time. It was a really cute show. FYI, some will be coming out on DVD on Jan. 4th (but I don't think the entire series-but I could be wrong).

As for the plush toys, they are availible at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref=dp_sr_00/103-5973667-9227050

Cat

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 11/28/04 at 2:55 pm

Wow, I haven't seen Fraggle Rock in about 15 years now...I used to love it.  What were those strange creatures that used to built stuff in the fraggles caves, that wore hardhats again?  I can't remember...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/04 at 2:59 pm

Wow, I haven't seen Fraggle Rock in about 15 years now...I used to love it.  What were those strange creatures that used to built stuff in the fraggles caves, that wore hardhats again?  I can't remember...

Dosers. (Please don't ask me how or why I remembered that.  ;))

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/04 at 4:07 pm

They are called The Gorgs.

http://www.fragglerocker.com/media/pics/gorgs/gorgs.jpg

Written By: sputnikcorp on 11/28/04 at 6:15 pm

they were on a few years ago and i got caught up watching them again. great show.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/28/04 at 6:38 pm

I used to watch it. However, I watched it over a friend's house or my paternal grandmother's house b/c they had cable.

Tanya

Written By: Mergal on 11/28/04 at 8:07 pm

I use to watch it---liked those Jim Henson shows.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/04 at 8:12 pm

I remember watching Fraggle Rock in 1983 on HBO or was it WHT back in the days.It was a great kids show.Who here remembers the theme song? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/28/04 at 8:14 pm

They are called The Gorgs.

http://www.fragglerocker.com/media/pics/gorgs/gorgs.jpg

I remember when he said "ooh,a fwaggle. ;D

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/28/04 at 10:54 pm

I remember when he said "ooh,a fwaggle. ;D

Howard

I remember... Sprocket The Dog!!!

http://www.fragglerocker.com/media/pics/sprocket/sprocket5.jpg

Written By: Mergal on 11/29/04 at 7:35 am

I remember watching Fraggle Rock in 1983 on HBO or was it WHT back in the days.It was a great kids show.Who here remembers the theme song? ;D

Howard

I vaguely remember the theme song. It seemed to have a bit of a rock beat to it and the lyrics were, "Fraggle Rock, Fraggle Rock. Fraggle Fraggle Fraggle Rock..." That's all I remember for now.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/04 at 1:31 pm

Howard

I do! It's one of my favorite theme songs, love the lyrics too!  ;D

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Work you cares away,
Dancing's for another day.
Let the Fraggles play,
We're Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red.

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.
Down at Fraggle Rock.
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/04 at 1:33 pm

The Dozers rule too!

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~c2penkal/fragglerock10.jpg

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/29/04 at 1:37 pm

I am so glad this thread was started!  What an awesome show!  One of my definite faves! Anybody remember the name of the main Fraggles' uncle who traveled the world and was always sending postcards on the weirdness of the human world.  Does anyone remember when they appeared on the Jim Henson Xmas special? (It had every Jim Henson character celebrating Xmas together in a farmhouse)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/04 at 1:59 pm

I am so glad this thread was started!  What an awesome show!  One of my definite faves! Anybody remember the name of the main Fraggles' uncle who traveled the world and was always sending postcards on the weirdness of the human world.  Does anyone remember when they appeared on the Jim Henson Xmas special? (It had every Jim Henson character celebrating Xmas together in a farmhouse)

Yeah... unfortunatly it was one of his projects before he died...  :\'( The uncle's name was Matt.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/29/04 at 2:06 pm

I remember that special. That was great.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 6:26 pm

http://www.fragglerocker.com/pics/characters_trashheap.jpg

Who remembers Trash Heap? ;D^

Howard

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 6:27 pm

I remember... Sprocket The Dog!!!

http://www.fragglerocker.com/media/pics/sprocket/sprocket5.jpg

And he had an owner.I forgot what his name was. ???

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/04 at 6:39 pm

His name was Doc.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/04 at 7:13 pm

http://www.fragglerocker.com/pics/characters_doc.jpg

I remember when Doc spoke to Sproket and they'd both understand each other. ;D

Howard

Written By: christine582001 on 12/01/04 at 12:44 am

hey i have the song if anyone wants it

Written By: lillypad on 12/04/04 at 5:07 am

love the fraggles. just got 'how it all began" DVD from my grandma. next DVD should be out soon!

Written By: lillypad on 12/04/04 at 5:09 am

Dosers. (Please don't ask me how or why I remembered that.  ;))

Cat

They were Doozers, they made buildings out of radish sticks and the fraggles ate the buildings!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 7:10 am

I freaking LOVED this show!  I remember the trash heap and those ogre type monsters.  I remember when I was little and watched this, I would search around my house, looking for a Fraggle hole! LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/21/05 at 7:26 am

LOL! Anyone heard if this will be out on DVD soon? I used to love this show!

Wasn't this back when HBO had that cool miniature city the camera would pan through before the show started? That was awesome!

Written By: robby76 on 07/21/05 at 9:09 am

The first season is out this September. If you can't wait, or don't want a full season, they've already released a couple of episodes on dvd (3 on each disc).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 9:31 am

LOL! Anyone heard if this will be out on DVD soon? I used to love this show!

Wasn't this back when HBO had that cool miniature city the camera would pan through before the show started? That was awesome!

ya...and I think that was the same time that HBO had that cool song they would play before starting a movie, etc.

Written By: Chris Fulmer on 07/21/05 at 10:46 am

In fact, the "HBO In Space" sequence debuted the same year as FR (1983).  I recall that when they used it before Fraggle episodes, the theme took a slightly different twist than for the movies once we zapped inside the O; it became lighter and uplifting, for lack of a better word. 

Written By: karen on 07/21/05 at 11:15 am

For a while at school Fraggle was my nickname.  The show had just started here and I'd had my hair cut sort of long spiky and bleached it (being very dark brown hair it went a strange orangey shade) and someone decided I looked a bit Fraggle-like

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/21/05 at 6:44 pm

For a while at school Fraggle was my nickname.  The show had just started here and I'd had my hair cut sort of long spiky and bleached it (being very dark brown hair it went a strange orangey shade) and someone decided I looked a bit Fraggle-like

Did you use Sun In? I did that a few times and ended up looking like an orange Crayola crayon. If memory serves me correctly, that crap attracted every bug in the Tri-State area as well :p  Spray it on, go sit in the sun and you had bees and sh!t swarrming you  :o

Written By: karen on 07/22/05 at 4:00 am

Did you use Sun In? I did that a few times and ended up looking like an orange Crayola crayon. If memory serves me correctly, that crap attracted every bug in the Tri-State area as well :p  Spray it on, go sit in the sun and you had bees and sh!t swarrming you  :o

No, if I recall correctly it was Belle Blonde, a permanent hair dye.

Written By: Gambler on 07/22/05 at 12:27 pm

Anyone here heard of or seen Fraggle Rock? It was a great show (and probally one of my favorite Muppet T.V. shows next to The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Muppet Babies).

http://www.manorquay.btinternet.co.uk/fraggle_rock_characters.gif

I had the single and the album

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 2:25 pm

Once More.... ;D

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Work your cares away,
Dancing's for another day.
Let the Fraggles play,
We're Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red.

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/22/05 at 8:53 pm

Stop that Howard ;D...you're making me want to see this again...RIGHT NOW!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/23/05 at 12:27 am

http://tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=4917

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 3:25 pm

Stop that Howard ;D...you're making me want to see this again...RIGHT NOW!

Then why don't you? ;D

Written By: MetalManiac on 07/23/05 at 5:56 pm

Then why don't you? ;D

Money's a bit tight right now and I still haven't picked up the 5th season of OZ yet. Hmmm....maybe I know what I want to ask for for Christmas! 8)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/23/05 at 6:00 pm

Yes, I remember Fraggle Rock. It came on at various times throughout the 1980's. I usually remember seeing it real early in the morning on Nick at Nite. I loved the theme song, yet I could never stay awake long enough to enjoy the rest of the show. Yet, I had some demented reason for attempting to wake up early enough to see "Mousercise" on the Disney Channel.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 07/23/05 at 6:47 pm

Yeah, Fraggle Rock was pretty out there! I used to love watching it too. I have to wonder where they got some of their ideas from though :)

Written By: Rain on Marz on 07/31/05 at 7:23 am

:D I was so shocked to fall upon this website, with all these fraggleloving fans, I loved Fraggle Rock, but was really young still and didn't remember to much of the shows,pretty much sprocket and those ogres, and mokey and red(who Whimzie from Whimzies house(Le casa de whimzie)looks alot alike) and of course boober and I actually had a little dog named wembly for awhile, just being here reading all these posts and memories of toys,movies,cartoons/tv shows,books just brought all these memories flooding back to me, I was born in 82, but that doesn't mean I'm not an 80's child,I think that makes me more of an 80's child than people born before the 80's, I don't really know, but anyways, I do remember alot about it. I was a child of the 80's for 7 and a half years, I remember the Fraggles,the Muppet Movie,The Dark Crystal,The Gummie Bears,Teddy Rukspin,I had my own teddy rukspin and his left eye like got pushed back into his head or something, I think my older brother did it, but it never blinked properly again, when my mom tried to fix it for me, it seemed okay, than one day, I played it,and well he was just saying "would you like to go on an adventure? or something like that, he blinked and his eye like rolled backwards and fell back into his head, I completely freaked out. I was only 5! He was my only friend, I thought he was going to die, and so from then on my mom would either tape sunglasses on him, or a homemade eyepatch.lol.I also had a clunky silver walkman with a black plastic strap on it, I would carry it everywhere,thinking I was so cool with my Rupunzel story on tape, the only tape I had owned. The other things I can remember, these girls wearing weird sunglasses, don't know if they were from the 80's, but they looked kind of like venetian blinds, no lense,but like a ventilation system or something. I would like to thank Howard for posting the Fraggle Rock song there twice,before the first time,I was thinking I don't even remember the words,but as soon as I read your post, like right away it just clicked,I knew the toon and everything.Than the second time, I was just starting to get slightly depressed thinking of how much fun I had growing up, all the memories on here, I had as well,startingto miss being at my grandparents(rip) house, eating breakfast while watching the saturday morning cartoons,getting a little misty eyed, and just when I needed a pick me up, there was your post of the song again! So thank you, I am going to be singing that song all day, you really did make my day! ;) ~Rain on Marz~ and 80's girl for life.

Check for new replies or respond here...