inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1980s electronic toy - nine differently colored buttons, several games... HELP

Written By: jonathan on 11/29/04 at 4:31 am

Hi,
There is this toy from my youth that is haunting me.  I don't know what is called.  I only know the following:
It had nine differently colored buttons arranged in tic-tac-toe style
It was electronic and about 8" wide 10" long and 1" high.
It had several games, including a memory game where you had to repeat a random pattern that the machine built one square at a time.
It also had a game called space invaders where one of the top three squares would "shoot" by lighting one of the middle three squares and you would have to press one of the bottom three squares.
Each square made a different electronic music note and you could play and repeat a tune you made up.
It also made all kinds of different sounds.

Subject: Re: 1980s electronic toy - nine differently colored buttons, several games... HELP

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/01/04 at 10:01 am

You are talking about Fabulous Fred by the MEGO Corporation

See it HERE

Buy it HERE

Subject: Re: 1980s electronic toy - nine differently colored buttons, several games... HELP

Written By: Howard on 12/01/04 at 8:33 pm

http://www.superselect.de/ep/others/FabulousFred.jpg

Wow! Fabulous Fred.I used to own one.What a great game.and to think it was only 25 years ago. :o

Howard

Subject: Re: 1980s electronic toy - nine differently colored buttons, several games... HE

Written By: jonathan on 12/05/04 at 5:01 am

Wow, you guys are awesome.  thanks so much.  That was a great game :D

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:54 pm

I have a game similar to FF it's called CopyCat. :)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...