inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Polka Dot Door

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/04 at 11:33 am

Anyone here heard of seen or seen The Polka Dot Door? It aired on TV Ontario awhile back, and was one of my favorite shows at one time. I love how one of the host never clued in as to who Polkaroo really was!  ::)  ;D

http://www.cindy-cook.com/polkaroo.jpg

Subject: Re: Polka Dot Door

Written By: eightieschick53 on 11/30/04 at 12:00 pm

I hate that show!  >:( I used to like it when I was 5 or 6 but now I hate it. I hate it when the two people talk to the stuffed animals. There like, "what's that, Bear?" or "what's that, Marigold?" I also hate Polkaroo! Everyone knows he is just one of the people dressed up in a costume, usually the man.

Written By: Rhiannon on 11/30/04 at 12:02 pm

Oh, my God!  Polkaroo!  Polkaroo!  Wow...now that's one I haven't thought of for a long time!  I always remember the hosts as being funky and progressive with bell bottoms!  I always remember the little stuffed animals/people they'd use to tell a story...Humpty and Mr. Humpty or something? ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/04 at 12:19 pm

I hate that show!  >:( I used to like it when I was 5 or 6 but now I hate it. I hate it when the two people talk to the stuffed animals. There like, "what's that, Bear?" or "what's that, Marigold?" I also hate Polkaroo! Everyone knows he is just one of the people dressed up in a costume, usually the man.

But the other host didn't!  ;D  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/04 at 12:20 pm

Oh, my God!  Polkaroo!  Polkaroo!  Wow...now that's one I haven't thought of for a long time!  I always remember the hosts as being funky and progressive with bell bottoms!  I always remember the little stuffed animals/people they'd use to tell a story...Humpty and Mr. Humpty or something? ;D

The other one was Dumpty.

Written By: onaree on 11/30/04 at 3:11 pm

I am so glad that you guys remember this show.  My mom and dad recently got a grandfather clock that chimes like the clock did on this show.  Everytime I hear it I always say, "And now it's story time" like the hosts used to.  My whole family thinks I'm crazy and making it up that this was on a show to cover my sanity. 

I always thought it was crazy how they took the animals and Marigold to the sand box to play when all they did was sit there.  I thought, "How stupid are these adults?" 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/04 at 4:34 pm

I am so glad that you guys remember this show.  My mom and dad recently got a grandfather clock that chimes like the clock did on this show.  Everytime I hear it I always say, "And now it's story time" like the hosts used to.  My whole family thinks I'm crazy and making it up that this was on a show to cover my sanity. 

I always thought it was crazy how they took the animals and Marigold to the sand box to play when all they did was sit there.  I thought, "How stupid are these adults?" 

They also had the door that should people doing things, each day would be different, one day it would be "Let's Pretend Day" and the next would be "Let's Make Something Day". Currently there is a spin-off of the show called "Polka Dot Shorts".

Written By: Mergal on 11/30/04 at 10:23 pm

Anyone here heard of seen or seen The Polka Dot Door? It aired on TV Ontario awhile back, and was one of my favorite shows at one time. I love how one of the host never clued in as to who Polkaroo really was!  ::)  ;D

http://www.cindy-cook.com/polkaroo.jpg

Of course I remember that show.  I liked how the two adults would try to interact with the toys even though they didn't do much! I hate how the new show has made these toys walk and talk now---it ruins the imagination! And the man would always miss out on seeing the Polkaroo....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/04 at 11:54 pm

Of course I remember that show.  I liked how the two adults would try to interact with the toys even though they didn't do much! I hate how the new show has made these toys walk and talk now---it ruins the imagination! And the man would always miss out on seeing the Polkaroo....

But the host never clued in as to where Polkaroo really was! I think that the original is the best one too.

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/06 at 10:17 pm

That chick with Polkaroo.  Cindy Cook I believe her name was?

Man, did I have a crush on her when I was a kid :D

That one guy Dennis Simpson who used to host.  He is the brother of former ER actress Gloria Reuben, who was once also a host of Polka Dot Door

Check for new replies or respond here...