inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Popples?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 12:16 am

Does anyone remember Popples? They where my favorite toy as a kid (so much so I own  two!  ::)) I was wondering when the cartoon came out, thanks!

http://www.lavendersea.net/popples/images/plushpuzzle.jpg

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Popples?

Written By: Rhiannon on 12/03/04 at 8:54 am

Oh yeah!  Totally!  I had a blue one!  They were pretty cool...they were a stuffed toy but then you could stuff them inside themselves and make a ball! ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 10:28 am

I have two of them, both of them are the blue Popple!  ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/03/04 at 5:32 pm

What the heck was a Popple? :o

Howard

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 12/03/04 at 6:11 pm

My niece had an 'all new' popple for Christmas a few years ago, it has light up ears and giggles..I remember the originals, I know it was a cartoon too, but I'm not sure if it aired over here..shame I would have liked to have seen it.  I remember listening to it on tape and reading a book that went with it in class when I was about 7.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 9:07 pm

What the heck was a Popple? :o

Howard

They were a stuffed toy but then you could stuff them inside themselves and make a ball!

http://www.popup-toy.com/pp0011.jpg

Written By: pantherchild on 12/04/04 at 11:46 am

~Ahh!  I LOVED Popples!  I had two or three...I might even still have one.  :)  Defedentally one of my favorite toys.  I remember the show too, but not much about it.~

Written By: woops on 12/05/04 at 12:59 am

They also made fair boxing gloves...  :D  ::)

I think the cartoon aired around 1986/1987.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 12:02 pm

They also made fair boxing gloves...  :D  ::)

I think the cartoon aired around 1986/1987.

And even better basketballs!  ::)  ;D

Written By: triciamarie1972 on 12/05/04 at 5:27 pm

My 5 year old twin girls love Popples! i bought one of their episodes for $3 !!!!!! the twins watch it alot and love it !!! 8)

Written By: kitkat on 12/05/04 at 6:45 pm

i actually had a plastic popples bowl.  i don't know what happened to it, though.  :(

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:16 pm

They were a stuffed toy but then you could stuff them inside themselves and make a ball!

http://www.popup-toy.com/pp0011.jpg

Oh,that's a Popple.I might have seen them on TV Jamie. ???

Howard

Written By: tracie on 12/06/04 at 11:54 pm

I still have my Popple!  I think he was white with purple fabric.  Actually, I"m not sure...I know something on him was purple.  I'll have to dig it out.  I loved that thing!  I don't remember the show, really.

Subject: Popples

Written By: Kathy on 03/03/12 at 3:51 pm

I saw alot of the post on here I was born in 80 and have all my old toys from my childhood including the popples my parents think I should sell them or get rid of them but I just can't do it and the cartoon came out in 1984

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/03/12 at 4:22 pm

I remember them very well, they came in all these bright, colors. I never had one as a child though.

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/03/12 at 4:23 pm

Sure do. I remember getting the purple one (Pretty Bit?) for Easter one year during a scavenger hunt. I remember I would stuff her ears along with the rest of her body whenever I would roll her up so she could look like a perfectly shaped ball.

I also had a "baby" Popple (basically just a minature version). It was white and dark turquoise, and I think it was called Puff Ball. It was so cute but one day it just disappeared, and I haven't seen it since.

Written By: wildcard on 03/03/12 at 5:26 pm

I remember asking for a purple popple when I was about4 and finding one under the Christmas tree.  I don't remember anything about them though.

Written By: moycon on 03/08/12 at 9:24 pm

I do remember Popples, but hadn't thought of them in many years.
I never had one as a kid.

Check for new replies or respond here...