inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's film - Peel?

Written By: gojohnniegogo on 12/03/04 at 6:46 am

I'm desperate to find a copy of an 1980's (maybe not) animated movie. The main character was called Peel (probably wrong spelling). They flew in a spaceship that looked similar to an Angel Interceptor.The boy carried an egg-shaped microphone around in a place called "The Dolongs". The captain of the ship sounded a bit like Richard Briers and was called Jeffar I think. There was also a dodgy prince aboard the ship who tried to kill the boy by trying to drown him. There were also these wierd charcters who when the hiccupped, their head flew up about 5 feet! Any one help me and tell me what it is called?

Subject: Re: 80's film - Peel?

Written By: Rhiannon on 12/03/04 at 8:57 am

I think I remember this...was Mick Jagger the voice of the bad guy?  Were they like intergalactic rock stars or something?  I vaguely remember a cartoon movie like that...I think it was called "Rock and Roll" or something.  Then again...this might be a whole other movie to start a thread with! ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 10:30 am

I not sure about the film, but I do remember an animated film called "Rock and Rule."

Written By: Rhiannon on 12/03/04 at 10:42 am

Yeah!  That's totally the one I'm thinking of! ;)

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/03/04 at 10:54 am

Can IMDB help?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/03/04 at 9:11 pm

Yeah!  That's totally the one I'm thinking of! ;)

It was an animated movie from Canada about a evil bad guy (voiced by Iggy Pop) who wanted to talk over the world, and only two people can save the world.

Written By: gojohnniegogo on 12/07/04 at 7:26 pm

No, I dont think that's it. I guess it's only ever been shown once, and that had to be BBC. I never so the opening 5 minutes or so. Anyone else help with this? I dont have the relevant info to put in imbd. I probaly spelled everything wrong in my first post.

Written By: Rhiannon on 12/08/04 at 9:01 am

It was an animated movie from Canada about a evil bad guy (voiced by Iggy Pop) who wanted to talk over the world, and only two people can save the world.

Oh, it was Iggy who was the bad guy...I always thought it was Mick Jagger...oh well...it was a cool movie anyway...I remember my mom being a little freaked when Iggy's character said "She p***es me off!" ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/08/04 at 11:44 am

Oh, it was Iggy who was the bad guy...I always thought it was Mick Jagger...oh well...it was a cool movie anyway...I remember my mom being a little freaked when Iggy's character said "She p***es me off!" ;D

Ummmmmmm.... Iggy Pop pretty much freaks everyone out!  ::)  ;D

Written By: gojohnniegogo on 01/11/07 at 6:11 pm

anyone got anything for this? Other details that might help, there was an old man who wore a cap who had a steel plate in his head. When he was guiding the boy through this area called the Dolongs he told him about these yellow round spots around that would provide something to drink. Arrghh this is really frustrating, if only I had more!

Written By: to1984 on 01/28/07 at 7:17 pm

Try this one. Should be the one you're searching for: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084315/ It's available on DVD.

Best wishes.

to1984

Written By: gojohnniegogo on 04/28/07 at 11:51 am

Thanks, that's the one! Very, very much appreciated!

Written By: gojohnniegogo on 04/29/07 at 8:57 am

For anyone else who's interested in this movie, it's only officially available on DVD in its native French language with subtitles, the English dubbed version was done by the BBC, who have no plans to release the dubbed version.

Check for new replies or respond here...