inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please help if you can...name of doll

Written By: Sojourn on 12/04/04 at 4:10 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this board, and I realy, really need help. I have this doll that I got when I was really young, and I don't know who made it or what the original name of it was, because I removed the tag, (yeah...that was intelligent, no?). It was a teddy bear (purple) that has stars all over it's body that glowed in the dark. It's eyes were rainbow coloured and it was cloth, but didn't have fur.
Anyway...I'd be really grateful if someone could help me. :-)

Okay, here's a pic of the doll. I know that my description wasn't very good...

http://www.mock-turtle.com/doll.jpg

(sorry...you'll have to copy/paste because I don't know how to put a link on this forum.)

Thanks again, anyone who bothers to look. :-)

Subject: Re: Please help if you can...name of doll

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/04 at 1:58 pm

It looks very similar to a care bear but I don't think that is what it is.

Cat

Written By: lillypad on 12/05/04 at 2:35 pm

Ok, I could be WAY OFF, but I'll try. There was a doll called PJ Sparkles. She may have had a bear "pal" They look like the same body design. They have PJ listed under toys in the 80's trivia section of this sight. Go check her out. Like I said, though, I could be wrong! Good luck searching!

Written By: Sojourn on 12/05/04 at 2:43 pm

Well, I noticed that too...see, I have a Starbrite Sparkles doll, but I couldn't find any info about it either. But thank you so much. I've posted this on 2 boards, and y'all are the only 2 people who even bothered to look at my post. Thanks so much, and I'll try what you suggested. :-)
~Sojourn

Written By: Sojourn on 12/05/04 at 3:10 pm

Update!

Lillypad, I am forever grateful to you! I did what you suggested and though I still don't know what my doll's original name was, I read somewhere that PJ Sparkles did indeed have a purple, star-covered bear friend. Now, at least I have that. You have no idea how much this means to me. :-)

See, I got this doll when I was 3 I think, from my grandma on my father's side of my family. Then, my parents got divorced, and my mom and i moved. My doll got lost in the move and was the last good memory that I had of my grandma. Then, something very odd happened. Let me explain first, that when I have a high fever, I tend to sleep walk. (I have a lot of medical problems and get sick a lot, due to a low immune system, and so this happens now and then.)

Anyway, I was very ill with a flu of some sort, and apparently while sleep-walking, I went into our storage room, and tipped over a box. I woke up, standing in the storage room, looking down at a box of baby toys, and there was my doll! So you see, this doll has some serious history, and ever since I found it again, I was wondering who made it and what it's original name was.

So, thank you so very much. At least I have a clue now. I know this is a weird story, and you're probably wondering why someone would go through so much trouble to find out what a doll's original name was, but I've been trying to find out for 4 or 5 years now, and I think you may've helped me. Thanks again. :-D

~Sojourn

Written By: lillypad on 12/07/04 at 4:36 pm

Not weird at all! I'm very happy for you. I had a PJ Sparkles doll when I was little, along with Rainbow Brite, the Fraggles, She-Ra, He-Man etc etc etc, and we lost all of them! I have a daughter now, and we're tracking down as many toys from when I was younger as we can! It's a very special thing! I understand COMPLETELY! Glad I could be of service! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...