inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember "Just one of the Guys?"

Written By: eightieschick53 on 12/04/04 at 4:47 pm

I love this movie!  ;D It is sooo funny....I especially love the girls's younger brother Buddy. He had to be the funniest part of the whole movie  ;). I mean he was always coming up with some crazy one-liner:

We can uh...UH...UH!

All balls itch...it's a fact!

Terri, it's Mr. Wonderful!

That's just a couple of them...to here more, you'll have to watch the movie.

Subject: Re: Remember "Just one of the Guys?"

Written By: woops on 12/04/04 at 4:53 pm

It's a fairly funny film. (Way better than "Yentl")

I sometimes would watch the movie when it's on Comedy Central.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/04 at 1:53 pm

I thought it was cute but very predictable. Not saying that predictablity is a bad thing. I did find the movie entertaining.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:46 pm

I remember towards the end of the film the girl actually revealed herself to be A GIRL with breasts and the guys couldn't even believe it. :o

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/05/04 at 10:12 pm

It was one of those cheesy movies that you could actually stomach. I liked it. She was believable as a boy, though.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/06/04 at 12:09 am

My ex wife and I used to watch this movie and always enjoyed it :)

Written By: rubixgirl on 12/06/04 at 9:49 am

I like this movie too. I just watch it with the expectation that it will be silly. But I did think the girl who played Terri was good as a guy.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 8:16 pm

Remember when she finally confessed that she was only disguising herself as a boy to get into college? ;D

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/06/04 at 8:20 pm

Yup, when she pulled dude aside and ripped open her tux. A great moment (even if I am a chick).

Tanya

Written By: rubixgirl on 12/06/04 at 8:26 pm

Yup, when she pulled dude aside and ripped open her tux. A great moment (even if I am a chick).

Tanya

I remember when I first saw that scene, my mouth dropped open and I felt so embarrased for her especially after she kissed him and everyone was like "Oh!" and he said "It's ok. He's got t*ts." I really felt bad for her.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 8:28 pm

Tanya

http://www.popmatters.com/film/reviews/j/images/just-one-of-the-guys.jpg

I kinda feel she didn't have to rip open her tux to reveal her breasts but I guess she did anyway. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 8:29 pm

I remember when I first saw that scene, my mouth dropped open and I felt so embarrased for her especially after she kissed him and everyone was like "Oh!" and he said "It's ok. He's got t*ts." I really felt bad for her.  :-\\

Well,she could've stayed a guy throughout the whole film without anyone noticing. :o

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/06/04 at 8:30 pm

True, she didn't have to go that far to prove her point. She could've had him feel through her shirt or showed her true ID.

Tanya

Written By: HeartsAfire on 12/06/04 at 8:31 pm

I am a huge fan of comedies and this one was one of my favorites from the '80s (along with The Breakfast Club).

As someone stated above..."Terry" made for a convincing fella.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 8:33 pm

True, she didn't have to go that far to prove her point. She could've had him feel through her shirt or showed her true ID.

Tanya

or possibly have sex to find out cause she did in one point of the movie put a sockball down her pants. ;D

Howard

Written By: whistledog on 01/09/07 at 8:49 pm

There was a Canadian made sequel to this movie that came out in the 90s.  It was called "Just One of the Girls" (In America, it was titled "Anything For Love") and starred Corey Haim as a high school kid who dressed up as a girl to avoid the school bully (played by Cameron Bancroft; You may remember him from 90210), while at the same time, get close to his dream girl (played by Nicole Eggert). 

Alanis Morrissette (in her dance music days) makes a cameo appearance at the end :D

Written By: KKay on 01/09/07 at 8:53 pm

I love it too. i've watched it a million times.
i crack up every time!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/10/07 at 8:59 pm

Seen the movie on cable recently,  it was actually not bad.

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 01/11/07 at 1:18 pm

:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...