inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: need help with sesame street

Written By: kitkat on 12/05/04 at 7:04 pm

hi,  i grew up in the 80s and although sesame street probably came out before that i need help with something.  i'm trying to figure out how count dracula actually said this:  "it can't be 20-something.  it has to be 21, 22, 23, ..."  it's the last part that i can't quite remember..  is it the way i have it or did he say, "it has to be 21, or 22, or 23, ..."  i need to know how he says it exactly.  thanks

Subject: Re: need help with sesame street

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 7:27 pm

hi,  i grew up in the 80s and although sesame street probably came out before that i need help with something.  i'm trying to figure out how count dracula actually said this:  "it can't be 20-something.  it has to be 21, 22, 23, ..."  it's the last part that i can't quite remember..  is it the way i have it or did he say, "it has to be 21, or 22, or 23, ..."  i need to know how he says it exactly.  thanks

You mean The Count?

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/computer/image/sesame/count.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 7:43 pm

http://pbskids.org/sesame/number/images/hello.gif

"1,2,3,4,5... ahh,ahh ahh,I love it."Then lightning would strike and bats would be flying over people.He was hilarious. ;D

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 7:47 pm

http://pbskids.org/sesame/number/images/hello.gif

"1,2,3,4,5... ahh,ahh ahh,I love it."Then lightning would strike and bats would be flying over people.He was hilarious. ;D

Howard

The Count rules... but I love Cookie Monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)  ;D

http://www.geektimes.com/michael/site/archive/2003/02/images/cookie-monster.jpg

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 7:54 pm

one..one peanut butter sandwich... two...two peanut butter sandwhiches... three..three peanut butter sandwhiches.. so forth.. with occasionall AHAHAHAHAHAHAH & Lighting

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:01 pm

Cookie Monster was funny but so was Ernie And Bert.

http://www.toughpigs.com/images/anth02nov01.jpg

this is the pic when Ernie made a clay sculpture and forgot a nose. ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:02 pm

It's hard to say who was the most righteous.. Elmo sold out big time.. :(.. Bert & Ernie were too camp to be true, but amazingly funny.. Cooke Monster was out there.. The Count freakin rocked.. and Oscar was great

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/05/04 at 8:06 pm

hi,  i grew up in the 80s and although sesame street probably came out before that i need help with something.  i'I'mrying to figure out how count drDraculactually said this:  "it can't be 20-something.  it has to be 21, 22, 23, ..."  it's the last part that i can't quite remember..  is it the way i have it or did he say, "it has to be 21, or 22, or 23, ..."  i need to know how he says it exactly.  thanks

Since I've never known a time when I didn't know someone who watched Sesame Street, I recall that skit. The routine was a show called "twenty-something", a spoof of the late-80's drama  "thirtysomething", but everytime Prairie Dawn's character answered "twenty-something", Count would spout off "TWENTYSOMETHING? That's not a nahm-ber! So forth, so on.

I also recall the 80's spoofs "Hill Street Twos" and "Miami Mice"(Tune in next week for another FASHION-Packed episode!) Does anyone else?

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:10 pm

Who remembers Snuffleupagus? ;D (OH DEAR)

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:11 pm

ooh ooh me.. snuffy (interestin name) i had a book about him as well

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:11 pm

It's hard to say who was the most righteous.. Elmo sold out big time.. :(.. Bert & Ernie were too camp to be true, but amazingly funny.. Cooke Monster was out there.. The Count freakin rocked.. and Oscar was great

or how about Big Bird? ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:15 pm

Never a fan of big bird.. he was toooo main stream for me :D

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:19 pm

you remember Forgetful Jones? ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:25 pm

Noooooo.. who was he?

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:27 pm

Noooooo.. who was he?

He was a funny cowboy who always kinda forgot stuff sometimes but his wife and horse would try to help him remember what he had to do or say.  ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:29 pm

Superb.. that's gonna get kids to college lol.. My horse helps me remember things.. seriously.. i lost my wallet and she found it.. i was shocked.. she is super smart.

Do you remember that guy that used to hang around with Oscar and then disapeared? I can't remember his name....

Written By: Howard on 12/05/04 at 8:34 pm

Superb.. that's gonna get kids to college lol.. My horse helps me remember things.. seriously.. i lost my wallet and she found it.. i was shocked.. she is super smart.

Do you remember that guy that used to hang around with Oscar and then disapeared? I can't remember his name....

http://www.themanwhofellasleep.com/oscar.jpg

his name could've been Biff. ;D

Howard

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:37 pm

Possibly.. anyway, nice thinking bout sesame street, im gonna hit the hay.. again, it is coming up 1:30AM.. adios

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/05/04 at 11:17 pm

Forgetful's horse was named Buster, and his girlfriend was named Clementine.

As for Oscar's friend, are you talking about Osvaldo, the Spanish-speaking grouch he met in Puerto Rico?

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/04 at 11:47 pm

As for Oscar's friend, are you talking about Osvaldo, the Spanish-speaking grouch he met in Puerto Rico?

Your Pal,
Doc

Or it could be Wormy, his pet worm.

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 4:27 am

Yeah i remember it all now, once wormy got lost and it showed Oscar wasn't all mean because he was so upset about him going missing.

I think i have a vague recolection of another grouch.. can't remember if he spoke spanish or not, but yeah it was probably him/

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/06/04 at 7:50 pm

Or it could be Wormy, his pet worm.

JFTR Jamie, Oscar's pet worm was named "Slimey". I recall he & two friends once formed a singing group called Earth, Rain & Mud, and that was the only time we ever heard his voice. Of course, this was years before Oscar picked up his grouch dog, "Prespammersite".

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 7:55 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

I barely remember Osvaldo.What year was he on Sesame Street? ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 12/06/04 at 7:58 pm

http://www.muppetcentral.com/_images/sesame/two_headed_monster.jpg

The 2 Headed Monster. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...