inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Voltron

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/10/04 at 7:33 pm

Does anyone here remember Voltron? It was one of my favorite cartoons from the 80's and the toys where cool too!

http://www.ghg.net/wduncan/voltron/3dvoltron.jpg

Subject: Re: Voltron

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/10/04 at 8:00 pm

Hell yeah! I remember that cartoon! It was soo cool! My brother had the toy. When we would play "voltron", of course, I had no other choice but to be the Princess since I was the only girl playing with them.

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/10/04 at 8:08 pm

Red Lion rules! Is it just me or is Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, a blatant rip off of Voltron?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/10/04 at 11:59 pm

^there were!

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/04 at 12:33 am

Yeah, I remember them among all the crap my little brother used to watch on Saturday morning, and all the plastic junk he used to blow his allowance on!
;)

Written By: Hairspray on 12/11/04 at 2:35 am

Yeah, Voltron was da' bomb! 8)

Written By: Webstor on 12/11/04 at 8:32 am

Voltron was great
I didnt like it though that the Princess was in the blue lion.
She shouldnt have been on the Voltron force at all......it was a blatent attempt to grab kiddie female viewers.    The guy who drove the blue lion before the Princess, whose name was Sven I think....was much cooler.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/11/04 at 8:33 am

Red Lion rules! Is it just me or is Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, a blatant rip off of Voltron?

Yup, they were.  Color coordinated heroes and all.  A lot of the kid shows/cartoons from the 90s to present day are ripoffs or variations of 80s kids stuff.  

The great thing was that in the 80s, most of the kids stuff (exceptions to things like G.I. Joe obviously) were pretty original concepts and no one really ever saw something like that before.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/04 at 7:21 pm

I wonder how much ebay is selling them for? ;D

Howard

Written By: kslack on 12/16/04 at 5:46 pm

don't forget there were 2 voltron robots. one was made of lions, and the other was assembled from 8 or 10 seperate vehicles. of course you could all sit around like retards trying to jog your memories or you could go to voltronforce.com and know more than you ever wanted to.

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/17/04 at 10:37 pm

Who DOESN'T remember Voltron? I used to have the tall die cast one and the plastic one that you could program simple commands into.

Written By: slikk66 on 12/23/04 at 3:17 am

thats so funny the guy mentioned he liked sven better than the princess, when i was like 10 that pissed me off really bad, i thought sven was WAY cooler..

and another funny thing, when I was a kid i wished my name was "Lance" like the guy in voltron

how awesome.. Lance

haha j/k

Check for new replies or respond here...