inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: malt duck

Written By: shawn on 12/13/04 at 5:06 pm

im looking for information,maker,importer, or anyone who knows somthing about a beverage made in the 80's called malt duck came in small pony bottles. any help would be great thankyou.

Subject: Re: malt duck

Written By: RockandRollFan on 12/13/04 at 5:24 pm

im looking for information,maker,importer, or anyone who knows somthing about a beverage made in the 80's called malt duck came in small pony bottles. any help would be great thankyou.
I remember that stuff....man was I SICK :D

Written By: d o double on 12/29/04 at 6:13 pm

[If you find it let me know :)

Written By: D on 09/22/06 at 12:19 pm

Malt Duck  llmao  That was the first booze I got drunk on  at a roller rink on a Friday night  I was 14. I know it came in apple  and grape  flavor and it tasted like dog wiz . Actually I think dog wiz would taste better.It didnt just come in pony bottles either  I think quart or litter bottles too.They dont make it any  more but if your looking for the same Grade of  booze  Try Mad dog 2020 lol. :o  Both would give you a good case of the barfys and trots.Good luck.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/06 at 8:29 pm

I never had Malt Duck, but I just remember Borden brand "Shake-ups," which were purported milkshakes in pint sized milk cartons.  The went down real nice, but afterward you felt like you had the Mississippi River in your intestines!
:P

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/22/06 at 8:56 pm

Malt Duck  llmao  That was the first booze I got drunk on  at a roller rink on a Friday night  I was 14. I know it came in apple  and grape  flavor and it tasted like dog wiz . Actually I think dog wiz would taste better.It didnt just come in pony bottles either  I think quart or litter bottles too.They dont make it any  more but if your looking for the same Grade of  booze  Try Mad dog 2020 lol. :o  Both would give you a good case of the barfys and trots.Good luck.
  8) OMG    I feel like I am a teen again...Malt Duck and Mad Dog2020 were the first alcohol we got our hands on too...There was this one store that would sell to ANYONE>>>  I remember barfing too but we still got it the next weekend!

Written By: terry redman on 10/04/06 at 5:23 pm

I remember that stuff....man was I SICK :D
[/quote   If anyone finds Malt Duck I would like to know too.

Written By: joedeertae on 10/04/06 at 5:35 pm

I do believe that in the history of brewing, only two other "products" can come close to rivaling the unmitigated uselessness of B to the E. One was Carling's introduction in the 1970s of a horrible concoction called "Malt Duck" that was mainstream lager with artificial colors and artificial flavors (especially apple and grape). It tasted like Boone's Farm "wines". Malt Duck was ultimately a marketing failure and has not been produced in years (You see! God does love us!)

found here: http://www.briansbelly.com/beerbelly/btothee.shtml

Written By: melcutey on 10/10/06 at 3:31 pm

OMG i loved malt duck... the grape one. i wish they still made it. if you find it let me know. we drank so much of that in high school, many many years ago. i also liked boones farm: tickle pink and country quencher and thunderbird. i wanted to get malt duck for my 10 year reunion but they didn't make it anymore.

Written By: D on 10/25/10 at 8:28 pm

Malt Duck was a product of the G. Heileman Brewing Company of La Crosse, Wisconsin. As near as I can tell, Malt Duck was produced from 1971 to 1991. It was originally produced by National Brewing Company, the original maker of Colt 45 in Baltimore.
see http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happened_to_the_product_Malt_Duck

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/26/10 at 4:41 pm

Alas, never heard of Malt Duck, until now.

Check for new replies or respond here...