inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 3D animation, that has disappeared from existance

Written By: Jcan on 12/17/04 at 5:11 pm

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this?  In my early teens I remember seeing a 3D movie, released late 1987, early 1988, and all I can really remember is that it was futureistic, an animation.  Being a few years ago I have forgotten the whole plot.  I remember cyber gards, a motorbike crash, and the head of a robot comig straight at me.

I am sorry it is so vague, I have been watching Titan AE with my kids and it reminded me of this movie, If ANYONE could help me that would be GREAT!!

Jcan
:)

Subject: Re: 3D animation, that has disappeared from existance

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 12/17/04 at 5:13 pm

Hi, you're not thinging of Tron are you..it came out in 1982. :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/17/04 at 6:35 pm

Hi, you're not thinging of Tron are you..it came out in 1982. :)

Tron rules!

Written By: Jcan on 12/18/04 at 3:52 am

No, this movie was a cartoon, and animation it is so typical a story it could have been any movie.  the main caracter was a "kid" and his home was threatened, so he runs away from the authorities (crashing his bike and being snatched away by friendlies, including the love interest), and then goes looking for some way to change it.

Written By: döb on 03/16/05 at 11:31 pm

It's probably Akira then!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094625/
back in 1988...

döb

Check for new replies or respond here...