inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I saw an 80s concert last night . . .

Written By: Bobby on 12/18/04 at 5:45 pm

Hi all.

I didn't know whether this should have been put in the 00s section but I thought the 80s part may apprecate this. I went to the 'Hear and now' concert last night at The Pavillions and it featured a great line-up . . .

Limahl
Living in a box
Bucks Fizz (well 3 of the original members . . .)
Nik Kershaw
Belinda Carlisle
Kim Wilde
Midge Ure

They performed most of their chart hits and Midge did some stunning work with old Ultravox songs. It was perhaps the most wonderful thing I have seen. The people may be cracking on a bit these days but they gave it their all (Bucks Fizz didn't stop moving with their routines and singing non-stop for at least half-hour. Not bad for a band that did the same thing over 20 years ago!)

I would also like to add that Kim Wilde and Belinda Carlisle were absolutely sexy!

Subject: Re: I saw an 80s concert last night . . .

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/18/04 at 10:31 pm

Oh wowwwwwwwww

Midge didnt come to Aus with the Here And Now gigs.  You are sooooo lucky.

Me very very jealous :(

Written By: Bobby on 12/19/04 at 7:28 am

Ah bless.

He was excellent and played a few of his Ultravox songs (Dancing with tears in my eyes, Hymn, Love's great adventure and obviously Vienna) he also played 'If I was' as wel.

The whole show was great. So the 'Hear and now' concert came to Australia then, BMG? What was the line-up?

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/22/04 at 6:45 am

Ohhhhhh I love If I Was !

Yeah Here And Now toured Aus hmmm early Nov. And the add was stuck on my fridge for ages so you think I would remember who was in it !

Manda or Gecko might remember.

I know there was definately
Kim Wilde
Belinda carlisle
Aussie bands 1927 & Mondo Rock
thingy - you know his name - god I am having major blank spot !  guy from Human League - Phil !
Go West
Paul Young

oh here you go - found a website still advertising it.
http://www.hereandnow.com.au/

I couldnt afford to go at the time. Friends went and they said much the same as the reviewers. Kim was awesome Paul and Phil were embarrassing.

Written By: Paul on 12/22/04 at 7:06 am

Possibly Phil Oakey you're thinking of, BMG?

Looks like a great line-up (with the possible exception of Living In A Box, who I never cared for much)...it does tour my part of the world, but I always manage to miss it for reasons unknown...

I think Go West must be the undisputed long-runners of this type of show - they've been at it for years...!!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/22/04 at 7:59 am

Possibly Phil Oakey you're thinking of, BMG?

yep thats the boy ! I was having a serious brain fade during that last post.

Just found this page with a great review of each and every Aus concert - by a rather obsessed lad who went to them all. He has even listed every song list !!

http://www.countdownmemories.com/jasons_humdrum/here_now.html

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 12/22/04 at 1:10 pm

He was excellent and played a few of his Ultravox songs (Dancing with tears in my eyes, Hymn, Love's great adventure and obviously Vienna) he also played 'If I was' as wel.

Not bad for someone whom I have on record in an old interview having said that he'd hoped he'd be doing something else and not performing the same songs when he's 50!! :D Guess what, Midge? You are!!!

I'm glad it was a good show. There's obviously been some discussion about it, too, on the Ultravox forum. :)

Absolutely Vile

Check for new replies or respond here...