inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Petal Princess Dolls? Does anyone remember these? (Not 100% sure of the name)

Written By: bel326 on 12/19/04 at 5:06 pm

I'm asking this to reassure myself that my sisters and I did not dream these dolls up, we seem to be the only 3 people in the world that remember them!

They were tiny dolls that came inside a flower petal stand. The petals opened and the doll was inside. I could certainly be wrong about the name but we do have photos of the boxes (too blurry to read the name) in old Christmas photos so they must have existed but I have never come across anyone else who'd heard of them.

Anyone have any memory of these and any idea what the name was? I'm searching Ebay but not coming up with anything.

Please help!!  :)

Subject: Re: Petal Princess Dolls? Does anyone remember these? (Not 100% sure of the name)

Written By: Susan on 12/22/04 at 12:05 am

I remember them. If I am thinking of the same ones, they all smelled differently. They had a really cute top on it and you pulled it off the side came down.

I am sorry I cannot remember the names of them but, maybe try to find out by looking for a toy vendor with 80's memorabilia

Let me know if you find out

Subject: Re: Petal Princess Dolls? Does anyone remember these? (Not 100% sure of the name)

Written By: Mergal on 12/22/04 at 9:28 pm

Oh my gosh, I had one of these!!! It was a Thumbellina-like doll that lived inside the flower, but when water was poured into the pot, the plastic petals would slowly open. I had so much fun with it, but the petals broke then that was it.  :\'(

Wish I could help you on the name....

Written By: dion on 12/23/04 at 9:37 am

Was it Rose Petal Place?  Check out this web site - funny.  Maybe you'll find them here.  http://www.angelfire.com/80s/shyestviolet/index.html

Good luck.

Written By: bel326 on 12/28/04 at 12:22 pm

Oh my gosh, I had one of these!!! It was a Thumbellina-like doll that lived inside the flower, but when water was poured into the pot, the plastic petals would slowly open. I had so much fun with it, but the petals broke then that was it.  :\'(

Wish I could help you on the name....

YES!! That's exactly what I'm talking about, we lost the holders right away but had the dolls for a little while before we lost them too. Wish we'd saved the boxes!

It's not Rose Petal Place, I had those too. The board game, the dolls and the books, but this was something a little different.

I'm happy that other people actually do remember these, but I'm still hoping someone can come up with a name. I'm an Ebay addict and I just can't believe that I've never seen these on there, but I must be searching under the wrong name.

Written By: Mergal on 12/28/04 at 2:39 pm

YES!! That's exactly what I'm talking about, we lost the holders right away but had the dolls for a little while before we lost them too. Wish we'd saved the boxes!

It's not Rose Petal Place, I had those too. The board game, the dolls and the books, but this was something a little different.

I'm happy that other people actually do remember these, but I'm still hoping someone can come up with a name. I'm an Ebay addict and I just can't believe that I've never seen these on there, but I must be searching under the wrong name.

I assume you've tried toys>dolls>1980s?

Written By: bel326 on 12/31/04 at 6:44 pm

I assume you've tried toys>dolls>1980s?

Yep, but without a name, I haven't gotten any relevant hits. I wonder if these were only made for a short time or something?

Thanks for your help though, I'm just so relieved to hear someone say they remember these things!

Written By: Debbie on 01/03/05 at 8:45 pm

I'm sure you're thinking about the Rose Petal Place dolls.  They all have flower names.  Both of my girls had them in the 80's and loved them.  My Kate just named her second daughter after Iris.  Her first daughters name is Lily.  Hopefully, this will help you.  Season's
Greetings, Debbie

Written By: bel326 on 01/05/05 at 1:24 pm

I'm sure you're thinking about the Rose Petal Place dolls.  They all have flower names.  Both of my girls had them in the 80's and loved them.  My Kate just named her second daughter after Iris.  Her first daughters name is Lily.

No, these were not Rose Petal Place dolls, I had those, they were something different.

The dolls I'm thinking  were miniature dolls that came inside a flower stand. I don't know if they had flower names or any names at all, we named our own.

I just keep bumping this topic in hopes that someone will see it! This is just the weirdest thing that I can't figure out the name of these things!

Written By: Jamie on 05/22/05 at 5:10 pm

Found this from a different post - it says they're called LUV Buds.  There are pictures there too.  They are exactly what I was thinking of, which I think is the same thing you were describing.

Written By: Leah on 08/23/12 at 9:27 pm

Heyy!! i know exactly what dolls your talking about!!! and i found the name on google they are called PRINCESS OF THE FLOWERS!!!!

i thought i dreamt them up too!!!

I'm asking this to reassure myself that my sisters and I did not dream these dolls up, we seem to be the only 3 people in the world that remember them!

They were tiny dolls that came inside a flower petal stand. The petals opened and the doll was inside. I could certainly be wrong about the name but we do have photos of the boxes (too blurry to read the name) in old Christmas photos so they must have existed but I have never come across anyone else who'd heard of them.

Anyone have any memory of these and any idea what the name was? I'm searching Ebay but not coming up with anything.

Please help!!  :)

Written By: sharon on 12/19/12 at 11:23 am

I think you may be talking about Princess of the Flowers. Hope it is what you were looking for!

Check for new replies or respond here...