inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: new coke

Written By: gord on 12/20/04 at 7:32 am

Does anyone remember when Coke took their origanal coke off the market and released "new coke", then brought back the original as "classic coke" I think it was in 85. Was it their plan to just have the new coke? Was it a marketing gimmick ?

Subject: Re: new coke

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/20/04 at 7:35 am

They were going to replace the original Coke completely but the public didn't like New Coke so they brought back the original formula and re-named it Coca Cola Classic.  Between 1985 and 1992, both versions were available to the public.

Written By: gord on 12/20/04 at 7:52 am

They were going to replace the original Coke completely but the public didn't like New Coke so they brought back the original formula and re-named it Coca Cola Classic.  Between 1985 and 1992, both versions were available to the public.

ok thanks, I didn't think that the new coke was around that long, it seemed like after a couple yrs it was gone. I do remember buying a case, and I know it was 85 because of where I lived :)

Written By: bj26 on 12/20/04 at 10:36 am

I remember the New Coke and it was quite delicious.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/04 at 10:57 am

I also remember New Coke, I like the original Coke (Or as they call now adays Coca Cola Classic).

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 5:18 pm

I don't know what the difference was anyway? less sugar? ???

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 12/21/04 at 6:52 pm

New Coke was sweeter, Howard.

I think it was a marketing ploy to get more people to drink Coke, myself.  I don't think they planned to keep the New Coke over Classic.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 7:23 pm

Coke can change their look any way shape or form but it's still gonna taste like Coke no matter what it tastes like. :P

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...