inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: LA Gear

Written By: eightiesfan on 12/20/04 at 7:40 am

Does anyone remember LA Gear clothing which was so popular in the 80s?  The other day I found an old pink LA Gear sweatshirt that I had in my late teens or early twenties.  It was a little tight in the sleeves, but otherwise it fit me again.  :)

Subject: Re: LA Gear

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/20/04 at 6:22 pm

L.A gear Sneakers were all the rage in my elementary school. I had a pair of Pink, white and silver "flames" with ribbony strings.

That was the first and last time that I Wore pink.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/04 at 7:07 pm

Never wore it, but I have heard of it.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/20/04 at 11:05 pm

L.A gear Sneakers were all the rage in my elementary school. I had a pair of Pink, white and silver "flames" with ribbony strings.

That was the first and last time that I Wore pink.

Oh my god, we had the same pair!

Tanya

Written By: violet_shy on 02/01/20 at 7:11 pm

I remember it. And being a little girl I always wanted a pair of LA Gears but never got them. :\'(

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/02/20 at 1:04 am

I had a pair of LA Gear high tops. Complete with the little plastic license plate looking thing on a chain, and what they called LA laces (2 different colored laces weaved together a certain way. And just like what was popular at the time I never tied them either.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/20 at 2:44 pm

Was it supposed to be for exercising?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/20/20 at 8:18 pm

LA Gear clothes and sneakers were popular in the late 1980s. I remember the sneakers in the 1980s and the start of the early 90s came with a mini license plate that had LA GEAR on it.

Check for new replies or respond here...