inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you remember old donald duck cartoons?

Written By: denise817 on 12/20/04 at 1:42 pm

Does anyone remember those old 1980's donald duck - hewey dewey & lewie (mickey mouse/jimminy cricket/chip&dale etc.) cartoons - like the christmas episode where donald duck has a snowball fight w/his nephews and they build a big fort/castle. Or where chip and dale are hiding in the xmas tree and pluto chases them around. Also how about the one where donald duck  has a job as a park ranger and that bear keeps causing him trouble. I'm looking to buy any of those movies so if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!  Thanks.

Subject: Re: Do you remember old donald duck cartoons?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/04 at 2:07 pm

Does anyone remember those old 1980's donald duck - hewey dewey & lewie (mickey mouse/jimminy cricket/chip&dale etc.) cartoons - like the christmas episode where donald duck has a snowball fight w/his nephews and they build a big fort/castle. Or where chip and dale are hiding in the xmas tree and pluto chases them around. Also how about the one where donald duck  has a job as a park ranger and that bear keeps causing him trouble. I'm looking to buy any of those movies so if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!  Thanks.

I remember old Donal Duck cartoons as well, currently Disney has them on DVD, on their Walt Disney Treasures DVDs, hope it helps!

Written By: bj26 on 12/20/04 at 2:09 pm

Those cartoons were made a long time before the 80s, probalby in the 50s. Anyway, you can check Ebay or Google to try and buy them.  Probably easiest to tape them off the Disney channel.

Written By: woops on 12/20/04 at 3:57 pm

I remember seeing them on Disney Channel...before it became a cheesy tween network  :P

"Mousterpeice Theatre", "Quack Attack", &  "Mouse Tracks" Sadly, Disney Channel now airs Kim Possible  instead of Donald Duck...

BTW, Donald Duck first appeared in the 1930's  :D

In the '80's, he appeared on some episodes of "Duck Tales" & a cameo on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/04 at 5:21 pm

Everything is centered towards "tweens" now adays.  ::)

Written By: NullandVoid on 12/20/04 at 6:13 pm

Not really, but my dad told me that my grandma wouldn't let him watch Donald Duck because he cursed. Is that true?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/04 at 7:04 pm

Not really, but my dad told me that my grandma wouldn't let him watch Donald Duck because he cursed. Is that true?

It only sounds like it!  ::)  ;D

Written By: denise817 on 12/21/04 at 7:13 am

thanks everyone...keep those comments coming :) (Yeah, I knew they were made before the 80's - what I meant to type was that I wantched them in the 80s growing up)

Written By: bj26 on 12/21/04 at 8:01 am

It only sounds like it!  ::)  ;D

He had an explosive temper, my favorite part - lmao ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/21/04 at 4:54 pm

Mine too!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/21/04 at 5:04 pm

He never cursed but always had some sort of a temper.

Howard

Written By: jillian dennis on 12/25/04 at 2:34 am

I TOTALLY KNOW WHICH ONES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT I WATCHED THOSE VERY SAME ONES AND THE ONES I HAPPEN TO BE LOOKING FOR IS WHEN MICKEY GOOFY AND DONALD WERE BUILDING THE BOAT AND GOOFY FALLS IN LOVE WITH THE WOODEN MERMAID, AND DONALD IS MAKING PANCAKES AND BY ACCIDENT PUTS GLUE IN THEM AND THE LAST ONE IS WHEN THE MOOSE FALLS IN LOVE WITH EITHER MICKY OR GOOFY DRESSED UP AS A MOOSE.  I CONTACTED DISNEY DIRECT THEY WERE NOT A LOT OF HELP BUT THE ONES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MY MOM MAY HAVE ON BETA OR VHS I TOO WATCHED ALL OF THIS IN THE 1980S.  i WILL FIND OUT.

Written By: jillian dennis on 12/25/04 at 2:48 am

I found a website that has everything you need as far as information, like what the episodes were called and when they were released and which volumes they can be found on.  here it is. http://disneyshorts.toonzone.net/index.html  good luck

Check for new replies or respond here...