inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember the old Folder's Coffee commercial?

Written By: eightieschick53 on 12/22/04 at 11:46 am

Remember that old Foldger's coffee commercial that used to come on in the early eighties? I think it was a Christmas commercial and this guy came home and saw his sister sitting on the stairs, waiting for him and he and his sister make coffee for his parents and then his parent's come down and see him and the mother gives him a hug. I think the announcer sings,"The best part of waking up is Foldger's in your cup!" That was a really sweet commercial  :). I just saw it on TV yesterday and I was thinking, wow! This is an old commercial!

Subject: Re: Remember the old Folder's Coffee commercial?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/22/04 at 2:48 pm

I remember it and I saw it a few times lately. But, it's annoying now. When the little girl goes "everyone's asleep", I can't help but say "No sh@!

;D

tanya

Written By: rubixgirl on 12/22/04 at 3:34 pm

yeah, they've been running that retro-mercial b/c of the holiday season

Written By: Howard on 12/22/04 at 3:49 pm

I barely remember that.Do they show it on TVLand? ???

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 12/22/04 at 6:33 pm

The show it everywhere, Howard.  I saw it on CBS last night.

Written By: Mergal on 12/22/04 at 9:35 pm

I can't believe I'm reading that many stations are playing that---I thought that ad was history!!! Anyway, that commercial brings back warm Christmas memories of '86.

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 12/24/04 at 2:42 am

That one where the mother walks down (after the guy tells his little sister, "I know how to wake them up") and mom stares and like sighs "Peter"?  And the guy looks up all crosseyed looking (okay--to ME he looks cross eyed!)? They've been showing it here too..and I'm with Tanya--it's annoying!  I didn't like it originally, and I don't like it now either.  :-\\

Oh..and if it's a different one..sorry!!  :-[

Subject: Re: Remember the old Foldger's Coffee commercial?

Written By: eightieschick53 on 12/24/04 at 10:37 am

That one where the mother walks down (after the guy tells his little sister, "I know how to wake them up") and mom stares and like sighs "Peter"?  And the guy looks up all crosseyed looking (okay--to ME he looks cross eyed!)? They've been showing it here too..and I'm with Tanya--it's annoying!  I didn't like it originally, and I don't like it now either.  :-\\

Oh..and if it's a different one..sorry!!  :-[

Yes, that's the right one. I just recently saw it on TV and I just thought I'd come on my favorite retro site and mention it. It's a good one, very sweet. I know not everyone likes it, but oh well  ;D.

Written By: Howard on 12/24/04 at 7:01 pm

How many different Folgers commercials were there?

Howard

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/30/04 at 1:50 pm

What was the name of the lady that used to star in those commercials?

Mrs. something.  She used to say, "It's mountain grown."

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/30/04 at 1:54 pm

Never mind.  I found out.

MRS OLSEN

Written By: Howard on 01/02/05 at 6:56 pm

Would she still be alive today?

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/03/05 at 10:04 pm

Remember that old Foldger's coffee commercial that used to come on in the early eighties? I think it was a Christmas commercial and this guy came home and saw his sister sitting on the stairs, waiting for him and he and his sister make coffee for his parents and then his parent's come down and see him and the mother gives him a hug. I think the announcer sings,"The best part of waking up is Foldger's in your cup!" That was a really sweet commercial  :). I just saw it on TV yesterday and I was thinking, wow! This is an old commercial!

Quick...you can edit the spelling of the thread! I made a mistake in the 60's board and posted a thread asking what peoples favorite "Mokees" song was ::)

Written By: trance on 01/04/05 at 2:55 am

I remember it and I saw it a few times lately. But, it's annoying now. When the little girl goes "everyone's asleep", I can't help but say "No sh@!

;D

tanya

LOL! But that's Christmas tradition.....that and 24 hours of "It's a Wonderful Life".

/sarcasm off

Written By: ski_luvr on 01/04/05 at 2:40 pm

I REMEMBER THE REAL OLD COMMERICALS WITH THE LADY THAT PLAYED THE WICKED WITCH ON THE WIZARD OF OZ!!!!!!!!!! :o

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/04/05 at 2:58 pm

I remember the commercials that aired for Taster's Choice that started in the late '80s or early 90's where they followed the courtship of this couple over the course of about five years - I thought those were neat, just like a little mini soap-opera. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 3:41 pm

I REMEMBER THE REAL OLD COMMERICALS WITH THE LADY THAT PLAYED THE WICKED WITCH ON THE WIZARD OF OZ!!!!!!!!!! :o

Margaret Hamilton? ???

Howard

Written By: Howard on 01/04/05 at 3:42 pm

They make these coffee commercials a big deal sometimes. ::)

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...