inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for the name of a poular poster series from the 80's

Written By: laura on 12/23/04 at 4:27 pm

]I've been searching for years for posters that used to sell in malls at those little kiosks, or whatever. They were colorful, like I had one where a ship was sailing off the edge of the ocean and there were hidden faces in the moons, etc, and I think I remember one where there was a building going up forever, lots of optical allusions. NO ONE seems to remember them.  ANYONE?   

Subject: Re: looking for the name of a poular poster series from the 80's

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/23/04 at 5:21 pm

]I've been searching for years for posters that used to sell in malls at those little kiosks, or whatever. They were colorful, like I had one where a ship was sailing off the edge of the ocean and there were hidden faces in the moons, etc, and I think I remember one where there was a building going up forever, lots of optical allusions. NO ONE seems to remember them.  ANYONE?   

It's called Sterograms, there's a really funny scene in Mallrats where someone gets really angry after trying to find the hidden image, everyone else can find it, but he can't!  ;D

Written By: Laura Richeson on 12/24/04 at 7:23 pm

I looked all over the net for sterograms, but it is a specific artist I am looking for and they don't fit the sterogram description. But thank's anyway.   :\'(

Written By: MonkeyTaco on 12/25/04 at 10:12 am

It's spelled stereograms, but I don't think it's what your looking for.  Stereograms were a 90s thing, but they were still fun.  If you stair while slowly crossing your eyes a 3D image will pop out.

you can find them here  http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm

Written By: Howard on 12/25/04 at 3:16 pm

http://www.eyetricks.com/stereograms/thealien.jpg

If you stare at this for a while,you'll see an alien. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...