inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: show on HBO calle Brain Games

Written By: neebs25 on 12/28/04 at 12:26 pm

Hello!  This is my first post.  Been trying all day to find some info about an 80s show called Brain Games on HBO.  Used to love this show as a kid, and am trying desperatly to find some way to retrive copies. Please help if you have any info!

Subject: Re: show on HBO called Brain Games

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/28/04 at 6:40 pm

http://www.littleman.com/movies/studios/movies-by-studio-HBO-Home-Video-1.html

See if this helps you, neebs!

I was a fan of Braingames, too. I really enjoyed the recurring games like "Tales Of Wrongovia", "Safari Solitaire", "Digitville", "Whosama-whatchama-callits" and "Earplay". Were there any others I'm forgetting? let me know!

Your Pal,
Doc

Subject: Re: show on HBO calle Brain Games

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/28/04 at 6:46 pm

I remember that! It would be like about 5 minutes long and it would end with "Brain Games is now over."

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 12/28/04 at 6:49 pm

Brain Games was always an interactive show.I liked it.

Howard

Written By: neebs25 on 12/29/04 at 11:12 am

Thats great that you remember the actual titles of the segments on the show! How funny.  My favorite was the solitier one, I seem to remember an alligator and a giraffe.  I also remember a purple alien guy in his ship, who was going to crash if he didnt do something?  That may of been towards the end of the program.  I think he had a toilate plunger on his head or was bouncing on them?  I know that sounds crazy but the memory is pretty fuzzy.  Thanks for helping me take a trip down memory lane, back in the good ol'days!!!

Written By: Allie Fox on 12/29/04 at 11:27 am

I remember that Braingames started out as an "in between" show.  It was like "Video Jukebox" in that it would be shown between movies.  It later became a 30 minute show that featured several games back to back.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 4:00 pm

It's like you could play along with the TV in BrainGames. "Tales Of Wrongovia" was my favorite.

Howard

Written By: rcaselle on 05/30/05 at 7:34 pm

I looked up that website that you listed in your reply and found out that it was released in 1991 but is now out of print.  I wonder how we can get access to it and actually buy it.  I was also wondering if you had any information on the show "Encyclopedia" on HBO.  That was a great show too!

Written By: Chris Fulmer on 05/30/05 at 8:00 pm

I just remember the robot introducing each skit; I believe there were roughly 6 per show. 

Written By: mike on 11/21/05 at 5:33 am

I found a copy of this from somebody. 6 episodes! :D

Written By: jaymanchu on 01/11/06 at 2:48 pm

I'd be more than happy to convert this to DVD if anyone is interested.  I'd love to see this show again.

Jay

Written By: Lowell on 08/14/11 at 7:55 pm

I'd be willing to pay for a copy of that DVD. Contact me at lgoldberg57@yahoo.com

Written By: molbeth on 08/22/11 at 2:38 pm

according to Wikipedia, they were released in the '90s in a three VHS set, but no DVDs ever noted to have been released. amazon had one tape listed, but noted to be "currently unavailable." found a clip on YouTube of the part I remember best, the closing where it says in a weepy voice "Braingames is now...over."

Written By: moycon on 08/22/11 at 6:48 pm

I loved this show as a kid!  I recall it was considered an educational show but it was really fun and felt interactive.
I had completely forgot about it until I saw this thread!

Found a segment on You Tube called Safari Solitaire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkxxKV8_7E

Also another video that includes the opening, very cool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofvLP1z2Hd0

Written By: Howard on 08/23/11 at 6:32 am

I loved this show as a kid!  I recall it was considered an educational show but it was really fun and felt interactive.
I had completely forgot about it until I saw this thread!

Found a segment on You Tube called Safari Solitaire...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkxxKV8_7E

Also another video that includes the opening, very cool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofvLP1z2Hd0

I used to watch Brain Games,it was very educational.

Check for new replies or respond here...