inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was the name of this board game?

Written By: Mergal on 12/28/04 at 8:28 pm

Did anybody else have this?

The rules seemed pretty straight forward---players would move along these curving paths to try to be the first one to get to the end but the obstacles were missing turns, falling back a few spots, or having additional moves. I think I liked missing a turn because I think that allowed me to scratch one of the three flowers. One flower was lemon, the other cherry, and the third might have had a fruit-punch scent to it. I don't remember the game markers that were used---they might have been doll-like figurines. And I think a spinner was used instead of dice.

I am positive this was NOT the well-known game, Candy Land. If none of you don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about, it might just be a no-name game that I had.

Subject: Re: What was the name of this board game?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/04 at 1:59 am

Certainly it is not Twister!

Subject: Re: What was the name of this board game?

Written By: eightieschick53 on 12/29/04 at 12:39 pm

Was it the Strawberry Shortcake board game? That's the only one I can think of where the game pieces might have smelled like fruit. I could be wrong though, if I am let me know. I never played the Strawberry Shortcake game but I think my sisters did.  ???  ::).

Check for new replies or respond here...