inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was the shortest lived 80s TV show? Square Pegs maybe!

Written By: MonkeyTaco on 12/28/04 at 9:44 pm

I remember watching this TV show maybe 7 or 8 times in the early 80s... I also remember thinking
this show really sucks, but it's better than doing home work!

http://dogwood.phpwebhosting.com/~tvshrine/pegs/pegscast.jpg

Subject: Re: What was the shortest lived 80s TV show? Square Pegs maybe!

Written By: woops on 12/28/04 at 10:26 pm

Agree. And Sarah Jessica Parker was, and still is, one of the worst actresses of All Time. Not to mention she isn't much of a looker.  :P IMO, the only good thing about the show was it's theme song, and that's it. I'd rather watch repeats of "Gidget" instead.

Though I think "Pink Lady...& Jeff" was the shortest lived show of the '80's with only 8 episodes. Also as awful like "Square Pegs" & "Small Wonder", which stragely lasted about 5 seasons.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/04 at 4:08 pm

I didn't care for Square Pegs.I thought "Love,Sidney" with Tony Randall was the shortest lived TV Show?

Howard

Written By: krakboi on 01/01/05 at 11:42 pm

If just for the musical guests alone, Square Pegs ruled.  The Waitresses and Devo were both on Square Pegs.  There was also that killer episode where they brought arcade games into the cafeteria (Pac-Man and Star Castle). 

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/03/05 at 6:49 pm

Square Pegs was pure 80's cheese. Which of course is why I liked it. :)

I know Sandra Bullock had a spin off sitcom called Working Girl. But I'm not sure how many eps that had, but it didn't last through the first season. Also, the spin off of Ferris Beuller's Day Off w/ Jennifer Aniston was very short lived.

Written By: trance on 01/04/05 at 1:51 am

I didn't care for Square Pegs.I thought "Love,Sidney" with Tony Randall was the shortest lived TV Show?

Howard

What about Herbie the Love Bug? That lasted for about a season, if I recall correctly.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/04/05 at 6:16 pm

What about After M*A*S*H...that show was so bad I think it only lasted a couple of episodes.

Written By: MooRocca on 01/04/05 at 9:14 pm

"Nearly Departed," which I LOVED, had only six episodes.  Not all of them aired.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/05/05 at 10:54 am

The Bronx Zoo
Like Ned and Stacey, this show lasted for two seasons and the second half of season two went unared after much timeslot switching.

It's called research :)

Written By: ski_luvr on 01/05/05 at 1:27 pm

To busy partying in the 80's  ;D 8) :D :o

Written By: mongo on 01/10/05 at 11:59 pm

Does anyone else remember these? I fondly remember another couple of really bad short-lived shows which I watched religiously - Manimal (7 or 8 epidodes - I think a scientist who can turn into different animals) and Automan (13 episodes- a cop with a hologram for a partner). They just don't make them like that anymore! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...