inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What did Teahcers wear in the 1980's for clothing, such as shoes and such?

Written By: Myers4Life on 01/01/05 at 12:03 pm

I am doing the play FAME and was wondering if anybody knew what the teachers would wear.  Boys and Girls.  Like for pants and shoes and shirts and such.  If anybody could ehelp that would be great!

Thank you,

Myers4Life

Subject: Re: What did Teahcers wear in the 1980's for clothing, such as shoes and such?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/01/05 at 1:26 pm

Why don't you look at the movie Fame?

Tanya

Subject: Re: What did Teahcers wear in the 1980's for clothing, such as shoes and such?

Written By: fragswife on 01/01/05 at 3:25 pm

Well I have, but they really dont show the feet and such.  I pretty much have everything except the shoes.  And why r u such an a**?

I don't feel your comments are very polite.  Tanya was just trying to help.

They wore nike runners in the 80's show "Fame"

Written By: dinikid on 01/03/05 at 5:44 am

I am doing the play FAME and was wondering if anybody knew what the teachers would wear.  Boys and Girls.  Like for pants and shoes and shirts and such.  If anybody could ehelp that would be great!

Thank you,

Myers4Life

The teachers usually wore shirts wi th big collars, kinda like silk with either lace or a big bow at the neckline, I'm sorry i cant describe it better. The skirts were knee length and most wore them, pants usually were not worn. If they had a jacket on they had shoulder pads Sorry I cant help you better I went to Catholic school and had Nuns, so I asked my friend :)

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 01/03/05 at 9:02 pm

^Yeah I don't remember teachers wearing pants very often either, unless they were men.  But the female teachers nearly always wore skirts and showed off their legs...which I would ogle back in my elementary and middle school days.  Sometimes I would get really mad at those teachers for what to me seemed like blatant teasing of us boys...always crossing and uncrossing their legs, dangling their shoes, etc, etc.  I've talked to a few guys about this when we remince about our growing up years, and they confirm that it was a thrill but also anguishing. 

(sorry to off into my perverted tangent)

But yeah, go watch the movie FAME.  Granted that movie will only show early 80s fashions, but at least that is something for you to use.  Watch the movie Donnie Darko too.  Drew Barrymore plays a teacher in 1988 in that film, and she wears an outfit that I remember many young teachers in their 20s and 30s wore back in the late 80s. 

Check for new replies or respond here...