inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP

Written By: JSOUSA115 on 01/04/05 at 7:59 pm

I have to dress up in the style of 1982 for the Musical FAME! My character is a dancer with a little but of hip hop but is also good looking nice dresser. Any help at all on where to find stuff and what to look for, Clothes, accessories, etc. is much much appreciated. ;D ;D

Subject: Re: HELP

Written By: JSOUSA115 on 01/14/05 at 11:50 am

ok, no one reply  :\'(

Written By: Hairspray on 01/14/05 at 4:33 pm

My best recommendation for ya' is to rent the movie Fame, so as to get the right idea. Although this movie sucked, Staying Alive with John Travolta also gets the look right to a T. :)

Also, Goodwill and Salvation Army stores are the best places to find inexpensive vintage clothing. That way, you'd be wearing originals, if you wanted. Ditto for the accessories.

P.S. Is your name Jen, by any chance? I had a friend once with the name Jen Sousa. What a coincidence.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/05 at 4:35 pm

I have to dress up in the style of 1982 for the Musical FAME! My character is a dancer with a little but of hip hop but is also good looking nice dresser. Any help at all on where to find stuff and what to look for, Clothes, accessories, etc. is much much appreciated. ;D ;D

I do not know where you are based but do you have any charity shops near by?

Check for new replies or respond here...