inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a movie

Written By: OliverDK on 01/06/05 at 3:55 am

I remember seeing this movie back in the 80s, I must have been like 15 or 16 at the time (Born in '71) and it was probably a bit older than that.
I was about this computer nerd, his computer was called X-Cal BR8 and when this demon (played by the big bald guard from Night Court) pulls him into some magical realm he is named Xcalabrate (Or something like that) the guy then have to go through some tests to get his girlfriend back, one of the tests involved a concert with the band W.A.S.P.
Does anyone remember this movie, the title and know if it's out on DVD.

Subject: Re: Help with a movie

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/06/05 at 8:31 am

I remember seeing this movie back in the 80s, I must have been like 15 or 16 at the time (Born in '71) and it was probably a bit older than that.
I was about this computer nerd, his computer was called X-Cal BR8 and when this demon (played by the big bald guard from Night Court) pulls him into some magical realm he is named Xcalabrate (Or something like that) the guy then have to go through some tests to get his girlfriend back, one of the tests involved a concert with the band W.A.S.P.
Does anyone remember this movie, the title and know if it's out on DVD.

Could it possibly be this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089060/

Written By: Allie Fox on 01/06/05 at 11:16 am

Isn't imdb simply the greatest movie site on the web? ? ?

Written By: OliverDK on 01/06/05 at 11:36 am

That's it Rubixgirl, thanks a million, now I just have to hope someone sent it out on DVD

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/06/05 at 12:24 pm

I totally think so.

Written By: zcrito on 01/06/05 at 10:26 pm

I totally think so.

Ditto.
;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/07/05 at 2:05 am

Totally in agreement with you there.

Written By: neebs25 on 01/07/05 at 12:38 pm

hey rubixgirl, thanks for posting that web site (imdb.com)  i found an old show on their easily that Ive been searching for, for weeks now.    :) :D

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/07/05 at 12:51 pm

hey rubixgirl, thanks for posting that web site (imdb.com)  i found an old show on their easily that Ive been searching for, for weeks now.    :) :D

yw....it's the first and usually only site I go to for movie and tv information :)

Check for new replies or respond here...