inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1980's Commercial or Cartoon..HELP!!!

Written By: salliebabe on 01/06/05 at 2:03 pm

At lunch today a few of us were going back to SchoolHouse Rock, early 80's cartoons, and I have a memory in my head of a Yellow "guy, dude" "something" with a cane talking about either the nutrition pyarmid  or drinking milk something.  And I think it was only on Saturday mornings.  Hey that was 20+ years ago, I can't remember it well.  Anyway, if anyone can rememeber anything about this please help.  My co-workers think I am NUTS!  Thanks.  Salliebabe.

Subject: Re: 1980's Commercial or Cartoon..HELP!!!

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/06/05 at 2:05 pm

At lunch today a few of us were going back to SchoolHouse Rock, early 80's cartoons, and I have a memory in my head of a Yellow "guy, dude" "something" with a cane talking about either the nutrition pyarmid  or drinking milk something.  And I think it was only on Saturday mornings.  Hey that was 20+ years ago, I can't remember it well.  Anyway, if anyone can rememeber anything about this please help.  My co-workers think I am NUTS!  Thanks.  Salliebabe.

hi,Salliebabe..you're talking about Timer..i so enjoyed him..here's a link for you  :)

www.toontracker.com/timer/timer.htm

Written By: salliebabe on 01/06/05 at 2:14 pm

OMG!!!!!  THANK YOU.  That's it.  We actually had this discussion about a year ago, and it has bugged me ever since.  I'm sending the proof to my co-workers as we speak.  Thank you again, so much.  You Rock!!

Written By: Howard on 01/06/05 at 2:17 pm

http://www.toontracker.com/timer/timer.gif

Timer looks like Mr.Peanut in a way. ;D

Howard

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/06/05 at 2:22 pm

OMG!!!!!  THANK YOU.  That's it.  We actually had this discussion about a year ago, and it has bugged me ever since.  I'm sending the proof to my co-workers as we speak.  Thank you again, so much.  You Rock!!

glad to help  :)

Written By: saver on 01/06/05 at 6:51 pm

Did you know that they even finally cmae out with the school house rock etc.. on video..saw it for sale ..they even may have the audio CD out as well...

Ahhh those were the days!

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/07/05 at 7:47 am

Did you know that they even finally cmae out with the school house rock etc.. on video..saw it for sale ..they even may have the audio CD out as well...

Yes, I loved SHR.

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/11/05 at 2:32 am

i have Grammar Rock  8) and Multiplication Rock on VHS..i also have the Schoolhouse Rock Rocks cd which doesn't thrill me since it's alternative artists  :P

Written By: ski_luvr on 01/12/05 at 2:27 pm

I hanker for a hunk of a slab or slice or chunk of I hanker for a hunk of Cheeeeeese!!!  He would talk about how important it was to eat breakfast I remember him pulling a drumstick (chicken leg) out of the refrigerator and going through the body on conveyor belts showing different foods etc.  And this boy saying he wanted a Banana and the poof he was a banana!  I loved those cartoons I remember them from the 70's my eldest brother and I would rush to the T.V. to watch!!! and the Bill  I'm just a Bill yes I'm only a bill and I'm sitting here on Capitol hill where its a long long journey      A noun is a person place or thing  or the conductor jumping from train car to train car!!!  It all helped me with English if I had problems I'd just try to remember the cartoons. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/12/05 at 3:53 pm

I hanker for a hunk of a slab or slice or chunk of I hanker for a hunk of Cheeeeeese!!!  He would talk about how important it was to eat breakfast I remember him pulling a drumstick (chicken leg) out of the refrigerator and going through the body on conveyor belts showing different foods etc.  And this boy saying he wanted a Banana and the poof he was a banana!  I loved those cartoons I remember them from the 70's my eldest brother and I would rush to the T.V. to watch!!! and the Bill  I'm just a Bill yes I'm only a bill and I'm sitting here on Capitol hill where its a long long journey      A noun is a person place or thing  or the conductor jumping from train car to train car!!!   It all helped me with English if I had problems I'd just try to remember the cartoons. ;D

It was very educational to say the least. :)

Howard

Written By: ski_luvr on 01/13/05 at 11:08 am

Yes it was!!

Written By: lilleo1968 on 08/09/05 at 6:42 am

That guy was called Timer and He was originally in an afternoon special called "Little Red's Head"  About a brother and sister who get shrunk and trapped inside their sister's Head.  Kind of a trippy cartoon and,  I am not sure of the educational value of it.  I think it had something to do with the anatomy of the brain or something.  Timer was a sort of guide character in Red's body.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/09/05 at 3:44 pm

:)  I loved Schoolhouse Rock as well..Im gonna buy it for my daughter..

Written By: Sakura on 08/09/05 at 3:46 pm

I Used to love School House Rock

"Conjunction,Junction whats your Function" That one song always stuck in my head for some reason

Check for new replies or respond here...