inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Video Kids

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 01/07/05 at 3:22 pm

I had a 45 in the 80s called video kids,does anyone remember it and remember who sang it?

Subject: Re: Video Kids

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/07/05 at 3:30 pm

do u remember any lyrics?

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 01/07/05 at 4:56 pm

No,I can't think of any of the lyrics at the moment,but may be if I think long and hard I might beable to come up with something.. :D

Written By: Bobby on 01/07/05 at 9:00 pm

I have heard of a group called Video Kids who had a song called 'Woodpeckers from Space'. Does that ring any bells?

I liked that song.

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 01/08/05 at 8:45 am

Nope,can't say I remember the song "Woodpeckers from Space" lol

Written By: OliverDK on 01/08/05 at 4:09 pm

Woodpeckers From Space was always one of my favorite songs, especially the sound of Woody Woodpecker laughing on acid is pretty unforgettable

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 01/08/05 at 11:36 pm

I got a Sindy doll for my 6th birthday (1982) which came with a single by the Video Kids, "Everybody Boogie"/"We're Havin' A Party". It was in a white sleeve, covered with hot pink hearts. Could've been worth something now! ;D

Written By: Bobby on 01/09/05 at 11:20 am

Nope,can't say I remember the song "Woodpeckers from Space" lol

It's quite an experience, ha ha. I loved the song though - including the woodpeckers laugh on acid.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 05/28/06 at 12:42 am

I had a 45 in the 80s called video kids,does anyone remember it and remember who sang it?

This is an old thread I know, but I have the answer (and the mp3) :D

Video Kids was Canadian song from 1983 by a band called Prototype.  It hit #22 on the Canadian Singles Chart :)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/videokids.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/30/11 at 8:34 pm

This is an old thread I know, but I have the answer (and the mp3) :D

(Link plz? :)

Digging this thread up from 5 years ago, the Internet fills all gaps.  Here's some audio for Prototype, Video Kids.  

sUCB4AaqTK0

And for anyone who stumbled upon this while looking for Woodpeckers from Space, I've got something for y'all, too:

TI_edRqli4c

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/30/11 at 9:42 pm

Remember reel-to-reel storage, dot matrix printers, and wood-paneled synthesizers that went beep beep beep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8IOD-wk9g

:)

Written By: Henk on 05/01/11 at 1:35 am

And for anyone who stumbled upon this while looking for Woodpeckers from Space, I've got something for y'all, too:

TI_edRqli4c

Those guys did so much more than just this record. Remind me to start a topic on them.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/11 at 6:35 am

(Link plz? :)

Digging this thread up from 5 years ago, the Internet fills all gaps.  Here's some audio for Prototype, Video Kids.  

sUCB4AaqTK0

TI_edRqli4c

Wow such a classic video.

Written By: Howard on 05/01/11 at 6:35 am

Remember reel-to-reel storage, dot matrix printers, and wood-paneled synthesizers that went beep beep beep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8IOD-wk9g

:)

I like this video.

Check for new replies or respond here...