inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help identify Music video from 80s

Written By: Zaose on 01/10/05 at 3:39 pm

Greets!

Ok need help with this. I'm pretty sure the artist is a lone artist (band name is his name). Has him in some futuristic space prison I think, and as he's singing etc he's trying to escape. The final scene is this big alien that is controlling this gun to shoot at him, and he tricks the alien by running between the gun and the alien causing it to shoot itself.

That's all I remember. :D

Any ideas?

Subject: Re: Help identify Music video from 80s

Written By: Wezza on 01/21/05 at 4:06 am

The only videos that I recall from the 80's that sound similar to the one you have described, are:

Visage - Fade To Grey
David Bowie - Ashes To Ashes or Space Oddity

My guess would be for the Visage one though.  :)

Written By: catnip on 01/21/05 at 7:43 am

Sunds like that Nik Crewshaw(spelling) video, and I think the name of the song was "wouldn't it be good" or something like that. Did the guy have a white outfit on in the video-blondish hair? I think is it if he did.

:)

Greets!

Ok need help with this. I'm pretty sure the artist is a lone artist (band name is his name). Has him in some futuristic space prison I think, and as he's singing etc he's trying to escape. The final scene is this big alien that is controlling this gun to shoot at him, and he tricks the alien by running between the gun and the alien causing it to shoot itself.

That's all I remember. :D

Any ideas?

Written By: BILLY on 01/21/05 at 7:57 am

THE VIDEO IS DEFINITELY "DOING IT ALL FOR MY BABY" BY HEWEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS.

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 01/21/05 at 10:10 am

That sounds like Rick Springfield.  The song was "Bop Til You Drop" or something like that.

Check for new replies or respond here...