inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please, help me find out the names of these tunes!

Written By: DrWizard on 01/12/05 at 11:07 am

They're all available in short samples here:
http://spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch.asp
and are the ones added by ROBERT

some of them are already answered right, but not all, just a few. Most of them are still with a wrong name or unanswered. They're not commercial tunes, so you may find it hard to know, but I hope some of you know at least one of them.

Subject: Re: Please, help me find out the names of these tunes!

Written By: DrWizard on 01/12/05 at 5:11 pm

Anybody?  :-\\

Written By: QaloSS on 01/14/05 at 12:16 pm

They all sound like british pop bands.

Written By: DrWizard on 01/18/05 at 6:36 pm

Well... yes, the 15 tunes (except for the 1st and last) are from a set in 1984 in a club called Chocolate. And the 1st and 15th are from 1988, at another club called Spook Factory, both located in Valencia, Spain. The music played used to be basically alternative pop/rock, synth/techno and electro pop, gothic music, ebm or industrial dance, non-vocal breakdance, ..., and it was most of it music imported from the UK and Germany. But they also played music from the USA and other countries too.

It was a mix of non commercial sounds very common around here those years.

Written By: matdn on 01/18/05 at 7:21 pm

Put in 2, lets dance by david bowie? and the other sounds a lot like prince?
Hope you get all your answers.

Written By: DrWizard on 01/19/05 at 2:24 am

Thanks Madtn  ;)

Are you sure about Let's Dance by D.Bowie? I got the original and is almost completely vocal. You mean some remix of it? The truth is that they used to play lots of non commercial remixes of important people like "Mick Jagger - Just Another Night (dub version)", or people like Nina Hagen, David Bowie, Public Image Limited, and lots more.

Written By: Wezza on 01/21/05 at 3:31 am

Hiya,

The tunes that are listed as 'desconocida-desconicida4' sound to me to be the same artist. My guess (and Istress that it IS only a guess) would be 'The Art Of Noise'.

The tune listed as track '997' sounds like it could be either ' Siouxsie And The Banshees' or 'Fuzzbox' (formerly, 'We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It).

Written By: karen on 01/21/05 at 7:20 am

I agree that one or two sound a bit Art of Noise like though nothing I could immediately identify.  number 963 sounded familiar as well, do you have a slightly longer clip?

number 970 sounded a bit like early Human League or something of that ilk.

One or two of the others sounded like they were being played backwards to me.

Written By: redhead007 on 01/21/05 at 9:01 am

They're all available in short samples here:
http://spiritofradio.ca/SongSearch.asp
and are the ones added by ROBERT

some of them are already answered right, but not all, just a few. Most of them are still with a wrong name or unanswered. They're not commercial tunes, so you may find it hard to know, but I hope some of you know at least one of them.

Your best best for figuring out these tunes is to go to New Wave Outpost's message board at http://nwoutpost.com/forum . There have been a lot of topics on that board about the obscure music clips on that site you mentioned and even some of the tunes have been figured out. Hope that helps.

Written By: DrWizard on 01/22/05 at 12:27 pm

Thank you all for helping!

Yes, there're two songs that are the same. Someone told me in the comments section of the samples list. He told 'Yello - Domingo' or 'Yello - Live at The Roxy'

Written By: DrWizard on 01/22/05 at 6:20 pm

The other tunes that have been figured out so far are:
- West India Company - Ave Maria
- Tones On Tail - Now We Lustre (I guess the one Karen said it sounds as if it was being played backwards ;) )
- Zazou/biyake/CY1 - M'Pasi Ya M'Pamba (remix)
- 400 Blows - Movin'
- Possibly David Bowie - Let's Dance (some remix) ?

Anyone knows another one?

Check for new replies or respond here...