inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who sang the song "cry"?

Written By: gia on 01/12/05 at 10:33 pm

Godley & Creme sang the song "cry" but there was also a female singer that did the song. Does anyone know who?

Subject: Re: Who sang the song "cry"?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/05 at 11:30 pm

Godley & Creme sang the song "cry" but there was also a female singer that did the song. Does anyone know who?

Not sure who that the singer is, but a Canadian pop group called "The Philosopher Kings" did a cover of the song awhile back.

Written By: Rae on 01/12/05 at 11:32 pm

Try The Philosopher Kings

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/05 at 11:36 pm

Try The Philosopher Kings

As far as I know, all three member of the group, are guys, two of them went on to form the short lived group "Prozzak" the other had a solo career.

Written By: ktelqueen on 01/12/05 at 11:40 pm

As far as I know, all three member of the group, are guys, two of them went on to form the short lived group "Prozzak" the other had a solo career.

i saw them in concert(quite good except Gerald was pretty cheesy)..they had quite a few people in the band and all guys..neat bit of info about Prozzak,Jamie..i did not know that  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/05 at 11:43 pm

i saw them in concert(quite good except Gerald was pretty cheesy)..they had quite a few people in the band and all guys..neat bit of info about Prozzak,Jamie..i did not know that  :)

Thanks!  :)

Written By: Steve Hargrave on 01/12/05 at 11:53 pm

I also remember in the late 80's, there was a group called Waterfront that had a song called "Cry."

Written By: michael on 01/13/05 at 6:19 pm

Her name is Lisa Edwards. She was and may still be one of John Farnham's back up singers with Vietta Fields.
She released 2 singles i think as i have 1, but i have not been able to find a copy of "cry" anywhere, I LOVE IT. It was on an old compilation but ican't remeber which one.
Hope this helps.

Written By: Steve on 07/25/10 at 6:44 am

Marie from Roxette sang Cry

search Roxette songs and download free wuth skydownloader

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/10 at 12:47 am

You might be thinking of Godley & Creme's "Cry."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtPRF6NG7I

Written By: Aimee on 04/13/11 at 4:23 pm

Lynn Anderson. You can find the song Cry on her cd 16 Biggest Hits

Check for new replies or respond here...