inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fat Albert in the 80's

Written By: roXie on 01/14/05 at 4:51 am

Even though I wasn't born until 1982 I have a very clear memory of watching Fat albert on Tv as a little girl. But the online sourses I looked up say the show ended in 79. I doubt this is correct. I remember Rudy ( with the red cap anmd vest). I even remember the live action segment with bill cosby wearing a 'fro and yellow t-shirt standing behind a fence. And I haven't seen the dvd's either. So if I can remember that, the show must've been in syndication by the time I was watching it. Are there any older cohorts that can help me confirm this uncertain memory?

Subject: Re: Fat Albert in the 80's

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/14/05 at 7:22 am

Yeah, Fat Albert was on the air into the early 80's as well - I think it went on until about 1984.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/14/05 at 7:23 am

I'd actually like to see Fat Albert. When I was a kid, it never turned up in syndication.
I wish that Cartoon Network would show it or something.

Written By: eightiesfan on 01/14/05 at 9:32 am

I'd actually like to see Fat Albert. When I was a kid, it never turned up in syndication.
I wish that Cartoon Network would show it or something.

I heard that episodes of Fat Albert are coming out on DVD now that they made that movie.

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/14/05 at 12:49 pm

I heard that episodes of Fat Albert are coming out on DVD now that they made that movie.

Yeah, but I wouldn't go right out and buy the set, I'd like to see the show first.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/05 at 2:09 pm

Yes.Fat Albert ran until 1984.I can't even remember an episode. ;D

HEY,HEY,HEY ;D

Howard

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/14/05 at 5:46 pm

The true Fat Albert ran in the seventies, with a newer version in the early eighties. So, what you were watching RoXie were re-runs in syndication.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 01/16/05 at 7:53 pm

The true Fat Albert ran in the seventies, with a newer version in the early eighties. So, what you were watching RoXie were re-runs in syndication.

Tanya

What was the newer version like? ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...