inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ne1 care to help me with a report on the fab 80's..

Written By: Jessi on 01/15/05 at 4:50 pm

:D for a MAJOR report for schoool i am doing it all on the FAB! 80's and how they were compared to the grungy 90's.... heheh  8)

So.... my first ? is.... what did punk rockers mostly wear in the 80's particulary the girls

;) also does nE1 have info on popular 80's toys... Particularly... :D  Garbage pail kids, cabbage patch dolls, strawberry shortcake/ carebears, GI joe/ He-man(shira too), Teenage mutant ninja turtles, teddy ruxpin, transformers, barbie and JEM....

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR UR HELP!!!!!!! I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SOOOO MUCH!  :)

i have vistied inthe80's but the clothing list is much too long to go through.....  :o

THANX AGAIN!!!!! <3 jessi :D

Subject: Re: Ne1 care to help me with a report on the fab 80's..

Written By: lorac614 on 01/16/05 at 9:56 am

Don't know/remember too much about the toys from the 80's since I was more of a 70's kid but I did have a couple of punk friends.

Think safety pins, fishnet and combat boots.  I had friends that tore tee-shirts and pinned them back together, wore safety pins thru their ears.  Skirts with fishnet stocking (ripped in places) and combat boots.  Leather motor cycle jakets with zippers and buckles.  Lots of spikes on leather cuff bracelets and chokers.  Even dog choke-chains around the neck. 

My one friend (a girl) had a green mohawk and my other friend had a hair cut that was asymmetrical, meaning it was shaved to a crew cut over one ear and was longer one the other side, it was dyed orange. 

Also, New Wave was really popular during the 80's.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/16/05 at 2:53 pm

Hi.

For the toys try this page...that page has lots more about the 80's, too.  It may help you a bunch.  Good luck :)

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/index.shtml

Written By: Jessi on 01/16/05 at 6:50 pm

THANX SOO MUCH! ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 01/16/05 at 8:12 pm

You're welcome, Jessi...good luck.  Let us know how it turns out. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...