inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: anyone else remember this???

Written By: gi2 on 01/18/05 at 1:16 pm

I remember this movie (maybe show) about a red headed little girl who I believe was Australian or British.  It started out fully live action and would become partially animated when the girl would eat certain roots, or what not, shrink, and be able to talk to animals and insects.  I'm an 81 model myself and I know I was VERY small when I watched this--
I can't seem to find anyone else to verify its existence...

Subject: Re: anyone else remember this???

Written By: matdn on 01/18/05 at 6:11 pm

It sounds very much like "Dot and the Kangaroo" which i think was a movie, but may have been a series?
Hope this helps.

Written By: goodsin on 01/19/05 at 2:16 am

Alice in Wonderland?

Written By: gi on 01/19/05 at 7:57 am

"dot and the kangaroo" sounds familiar!!!  

Written By: gi on 01/19/05 at 8:16 am

Just found out it is "Dot and Keeto" (Keeto the mosquito);  apparently Dot had many adventures involving koalas, kangaroos, smugglers, ext...  Thanks for the help!!!  I knew I was not making this up...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/19/05 at 9:38 am

Yep, it's Dot and The Kangaroo, I remember watch it on video, along time ago.

Written By: tammy on 02/01/05 at 10:46 am

Dot and Keeto and Dot and the Kangaroo was a movie. I have both.:)

Written By: Rhiannon on 02/02/05 at 2:08 pm

It sounds very much like "Dot and the Kangaroo" which i think was a movie, but may have been a series?
Hope this helps.

Totally agree!  I remember "Dot and the Kangaroo" and it was one of my fave movies!  Although I cried when the Kangaroo found her Joey and left Dot alone. :\'(

Written By: Jennifer on 02/05/05 at 1:25 pm

There are several movies, made by Yoran Gross, Dot and the Kangaroo being the first, then Dot and the Bunny, Dot and Keeto, etc.

They are all available on DVD or VHS at Amazon.com.

Written By: Becky on 02/20/05 at 8:55 pm

There are 9 different movies. I think I remember Dot and Keeto being a tv show though because i remember me and my brother sitting in front of the TV just LOVING the show!

http://www.yoramgross.com.au/yoramgrossemtv/filmtv/fm_dotkeeto.html

If you scroll down the page there is a scroll list of all the differernt movies shes in. It would be interesting to watch it and actually see how much I remember.

(I'm 1985 baby)

Check for new replies or respond here...