inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need help with the name of 2 tv shows

Written By: salemrose on 01/18/05 at 7:21 pm

Hi I don't know if anyone rememebers these two tv shows but it was probably on late 80's early 90's. The first one in the opening credits it showed a girl who was in i think her grandparents house she goes in the attic and finds a box or chest of some kind and when she opens it she goes to this other land and the only thing I remember her doing is talking to a face in a well. The other show was right after the last one and it was the little mermaid bot with real people it wasn't animated. If anyone can help me with the name to either tv show I would greatly appreciate it. :) :)

Subject: Re: I need help with the name of 2 tv shows

Written By: learyofyou on 05/16/05 at 9:27 pm

I have an old Nickelodeon show memory that still haunts me: perhaps someone can help me?

It was a show that involved kids in an underground maze. They were always hunting for an object that could only be seen in a a special mirror. They time traveled within the maze each time they found it. I remember a French revolution episode. There was a evil woman with magic powers who was a different character in each episode.

There was also a story...perhaps a separate show entirely that involved the Stonehenge circle of a town. The stones were people running from some curse or something.

The third image that haunts me is of an alien that was like a human sized worm that "digested" people. It seems that in my memory these 3 shows were all the same show...but were divided into different mini-series-like episodes that were independant of each other.

This was back in the "Tomorrow People" days of nickelodeon.

Written By: karen on 05/17/05 at 6:54 am

There was also a story...perhaps a separate show entirely that involved the Stonehenge circle of a town. The stones were people running from some curse or something.

There was a series of about 6 or 8 episodes of a programme based in Avebury.  It was shown in the UK in the 70's.  I can't recall the exact name at the moment but I have them on video at home.

modified to add:  I remembered the name of the show.  Children of the Stones.  Here's a link to a page with a brief description of it.

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/ChildrenOTS%20Intro.htm

after all this it's probably not the show you were thinking of anyway!

Written By: learyofyou on 05/17/05 at 1:23 pm

That is totally part of what I was looking for! Wow! Can I buy a copy of it from you? It would need to be playable in the US. Thanks...

There was a series of about 6 or 8 episodes of a programme based in Avebury.  It was shown in the UK in the 70's.  I can't recall the exact name at the moment but I have them on video at home.

modified to add:  I remembered the name of the show.  Children of the Stones.  Here's a link to a page with a brief description of it.

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/ChildrenOTS%20Intro.htm

after all this it's probably not the show you were thinking of anyway!

Written By: karen on 05/18/05 at 3:45 am

That is totally part of what I was looking for! Wow! Can I buy a copy of it from you? It would need to be playable in the US. Thanks...

I bought my copy via Amazon so you could try there

Check for new replies or respond here...