inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Corey Haim

Written By: Xonnie316 on 01/20/05 at 8:27 pm

http://www.celebritypicturesarchive.com/pics/c/corey-haim/corey-haim.jpg

Now what ya think about the 80s teen sensation Corey Haim,

I actually liked his movies big time, and can't wait for License To Drive to be out in April on DVD,

Some fans on the net don't know why bash him, he had some problems, and he filed for bankrupcy, they are big things of course, but why diss him non stop,

I just wish to hear what ya think guyz about Corey Haim,

He had such great movies like Lucas, Fast Getaway 1 & 2, Dream A Little Dream 1 & 2, License To Drive, The Lost Boys, Silver Bullet,

Xonnie316

Subject: Re: Corey Haim

Written By: woops on 01/20/05 at 8:37 pm

I think the reason he's a popular target for ridicule is that he's labeled as a "teen idol" like most stars and only a few l Michael J Fox got respect.  Though almost all celebrities get bashed whether they're a 'hasbeen' or not like. Which gossip & tabloid stories sell, unfortunately.

"License To Drive" is a good movie and featured a young Heather Graham as 'Mercedes'.  8)

Written By: RojoP on 01/20/05 at 10:06 pm

I actually liked his movies big time, and can't wait for License To Drive to be out in April on DVD,

Some fans on the net don't know why bash him, he had some problems, and he filed for bankrupcy, they are big things of course, but why diss him non stop,

He had such great movies like Lucas, Fast Getaway 1 & 2, Dream A Little Dream 1 & 2, License To Drive, The Lost Boys, Silver Bullet,

Xonnie316

Lucas is one of my all-time favorite moves.

I think the reason people don't like Corey Haim is because they associate him with his partner in crime Corey Feldman, who a lot of people don't care for.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/05 at 2:20 pm

License To Drive is one of my favorites.

Howard

Written By: saver on 01/21/05 at 2:28 pm

However they relate with him...Where is HE?? Latest movie?

Is he washed up or will he show up like Potsie from time to time.

He was in Dickie Roberts Child Actor..but in a blink..so is he a nobody now like the kids from Willy Wonka?

Where will we see him next?? His personal website is outdated and never new..Wassup with that?
There is a Corey Feldman fan online here but they don't write or have any Haim info..
Just curious as well. (See my other topic? on another Canadian kid star(former)..DS

Saver 

Written By: neebs25 on 01/21/05 at 2:48 pm

"The Lost Boys" was awesome! 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/21/05 at 7:16 pm

I adored him then! Now, he's just a True Hollywood Story. How sad!

BTW, my fave was the Lost Boys, too!

Tanya

Written By: neebs25 on 01/21/05 at 9:23 pm

I adored him then! Now, he's just a True Hollywood Story. How sad!

BTW, my fave was the Lost Boys, too!

Tanya

i need to invest in that movie, i havnt seen it in a while.  ;)

Written By: Lauren on 02/04/05 at 6:39 am

I really admire Corey Haim for his movies and acting career.  I cant imagin how bad it must be for him when all he gets asked about is his past and the problems he's had.  So what if he'ss messed up in the past?  So have most people.  He may have done it on a big scale, but who cares?  Its sad that the press always seem to focus on bad things rather than good things.  I say good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next  ;)

By the way, does anyone know where I can get Groove Society on video or DVD?

Written By: bj26 on 02/04/05 at 9:41 am

I like Corey Haim, he was(is?) a funny little dude, great facial expressions, seems like an all-round nice guy.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 02/04/05 at 4:16 pm

Xonnie316

OH AWESOME!  I have been waiting for this one on dvd forever.  I liked him too!

Written By: Xonnie316 on 02/04/05 at 8:33 pm

Glad to see people respect the guy, even though he went through lots of problems

The way I see it is that lots of actors went through bad phases in life, like Robert Downey Jr. and he still gotten big movie opportunities,

Thanks for bumping up this thread, shows that there still is Corey Haim Fans !

Written By: Frengy on 04/16/05 at 4:18 pm

Hey guyz ,
i think that corey haim is such a great actor and .. also a celeb is a human we all go through bad times so.... stop diss him non stop
and a big HELLO to all Corey Haim fans out there
Frengy from Cologne/ Germany :)

Check for new replies or respond here...