inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Full House - 80s or 90s show?

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/24/05 at 4:43 pm

I posted this at 90s, but no response.  Maybe better luck here.

Subject: Re: Full House - 80s or 90s show?

Written By: woops on 01/24/05 at 4:50 pm

IMO, it's an '80's show since 'family sitcoms' weren't that big in the 1990's with the popularity of "Seinfeld", "Friends", "Wings", etc. And only a few like  "Family Matters" & "Roseanne", which was less sugarcoated than a typical 'family sitcom' were on.

When "Full House" aired, shows like "The Cosby Show", "Growing Pains", and "Who's The Boss" were either still popular or at it's peak.

Written By: McDonald on 01/24/05 at 5:04 pm

IMO, it's an '80's show since 'family sitcoms' weren't that big in the 1990's with the popularity of "Seinfeld", "Friends", "Wings", etc. And only a few like  "Family Matters" & "Roseanne", which was less sugarcoated than a typical 'family sitcom' were on.

When "Full House" aired, shows like "The Cosby Show", "Growing Pains", and "Who's The Boss" were either still popular or at it's peak.

I beg to differ. Family sitcoms were HUGE with the 4-14 age bracket. I watched Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, etc.. at least once a day if not more. Of course, then there was Saved by the Bell which I watched several times a day.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/05 at 5:09 pm

Full House was definitely 80's.

Howard

Written By: woops on 01/24/05 at 5:10 pm

I beg to differ. Family sitcoms were HUGE with the 4-14 age bracket..

I was also in that age range, but I was more into shows like "Martin", "Married...with Children"...a 'family sitcom' on acid, "Herman's Head", etc. Maybe that's just me.

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/24/05 at 6:06 pm

I think you guys all have good points.  Wouldn't you agree it is a latecomer though?  And yeah, sitcoms of all types were big in the 90s.  But I agree, it is more akin to Family Ties, Cosby Show, etc. than to Friends, Seinfeld, etc.  But by date - 90s fer sure  ;D

Written By: kari on 01/25/05 at 2:33 pm

Both.. Started in 1987 ended in 1995

Written By: FullHouseFan! on 01/25/05 at 2:43 pm

Do any of you know if new episodes of Full House were made more frequently in the early years (87-90) than the late years (91-95)?  It seems like they linger in the 80s on ABC Family but zoom thru the 90s episodes.

BTW the best period of the show I think was 89 to 92.

Check for new replies or respond here...