inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Moonlighting

Written By: eightieschick53 on 01/26/05 at 10:09 am

Anyone remember the theme song for the show Moonlighting? It was a cool theme song, more like a real song then a theme song. It was sung by Al Jarreau, who was a cute black guy ;D. What I'm wondering is, was it a real song or just a theme song?

Subject: Re: Moonlighting

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/26/05 at 10:19 am

Anyone remember the theme song for the show Moonlighting? It was a cool theme song, more like a real song then a theme song. It was sung by Al Jarreau, who was a cute black guy ;D. What I'm wondering is, was it a real song or just a theme song?

Here is a link that I found....I checked out his discography and didn't find it on any of his LP's from 1985, 1986 :-\\

http://www.davidandmaddie.com/show.htm

Written By: kairi747 on 01/26/05 at 10:44 am

it is a real song - i have it (somewhere) on an al jarreau cassette.  i'll try to find it, haven't seen it in years!

Written By: kairi747 on 01/26/05 at 11:01 am

amazon.com has a greatest hits available and it is on that.  i don't think that's the one i have so you may find it on another (68 hits came up when i serached "al jarreau" - i only went through the first page!  good luck!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/26/05 at 11:01 am

I believe it was a theme song morphed into a song for him to play at his concerts. His face movements as he sang was unique, I must say.

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 01/26/05 at 4:43 pm

I hope Moonlighting comes to Nick At Night or TVLand.

Howard

Written By: whistledog on 08/16/07 at 4:07 am

The one thing I LOVED about Moonlighting was how in each episode, they always made mention that they were in fact on a TV show ...

David:  "Get serious? Maddie, I just touched your rear end, if I get any more serious they're gonna move us to cable!"

Maddie:  "When did you figure all this out David?"
David:  "During the commercial break"

The best was in the Season 2 Christmas episode, David and Maddie exit the office, and walk off the set, where the whole cast and crew starts singing a Christmas Carol

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/07 at 10:34 am

It was a pretty good show.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/17/07 at 10:31 pm

The banter between the two perhaps foreshadowed Scully and Moulder on the X-Files.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/17/07 at 10:41 pm

I thought the premise of Moonlighting was a Remington Steele rip-off (being a Remington Steele nut) but I liked the show regardless.  The characters won me over quickly.  It was riveting!

I believe it was a theme song morphed into a song for him to play at his concerts. His face movements as he sang was unique, I must say.

Tanya

I agree, I believe it began as a theme song (I have a little familiarity with his work outside of the Moonlighting theme, but am no expert...)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/07 at 4:04 pm

It was a cute show. I always like the fact that threw stuff in to remind people that it was only a t.v. show (like the quotes that Whistledog posted above). Unfortunately, when Maddie & David FINALLY got together (which everyone knew they were going it), the show lost its spunk and went downhill from there.

I also liked the romance between Agnes & Herbert (who I will ALWAYS call "Booger" because of his role in "Revenge of the Nerds").

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/19/07 at 4:40 pm

I loved this show,overhere we called it... A Gata e o Rato(The Cat and the Mouse) :D

I had a major crush on David Addison 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/07 at 5:13 pm

I loved this show,overhere we called it... A Gata e o Rato(The Cat and the Mouse) :D

I had a major crush on David Addison 8)

"The Cat and the Mouse" is an appropriate name but the question is, which one was the mouse and which one was the cat?  ???

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/20/07 at 3:21 pm

Gata means female cat and also attractive woman,so that would be Maddie,which makes David the mouse.
Never will i understand how we come up with this weird titles ::)

Written By: KKay on 08/20/07 at 5:50 pm

that was a really good show...i had forgotten about it and I was hooked; watched every eposide.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/07 at 5:56 pm

Gata means female cat and also attractive woman,so that would be Maddie,which makes David the mouse.
Never will i understand how we come up with this weird titles ::)

Oops, didn't see the "a".  :-[ (I may not be good at languages but I do know that "a"-or "e" in French-is feminine.)

Cat AKA "Gata"  ;)

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/20/07 at 7:58 pm

Oops, didn't see the "a".  :-[ (I may not be good at languages but I do know that "a"-or "e" in French-is feminine.)

Cat AKA "Gata"  ;)

Gatíssima ;)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/21/07 at 1:38 pm

Cat AKA "Gata"  ;)

I know that we have a city near us called Los Gatos. Gatos means "Cat" in Spanish.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/24/07 at 1:44 pm

Perhaps my favorite show of the 1980's.

That, and Quantum Leap.

Check for new replies or respond here...