inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s kids show - please help?

Written By: spikesgirl147 on 01/26/05 at 11:48 pm

Hi, new here and desperate for some help!  I have been trying to find the name and some information about a show I remember watching as a kid.  The search has been so hopeless that my boyfriend thinks I created it in my mind, but I know it was real!

Do you remember a kids show that would have aired on PBS, or at least WQED (Pittsburgh PBS station that spawned such shows as Mr. Rogers), in the early to mid 80s.  It would have aired in the mornings.  I recall it being about a cricket, but all I know 100% was that it was a green insect of some sort, either claymation or a puppet.  There were live action people on the show also, and another main character was a dark haired girl.  It was probably typical educational children's television fare.  At the end of each episode, the cricket/bug thing would curl up in his bed made of a sardine can (all of his furnature was made from household items) and watch the tv as the network signed off and played the national anthem.

Have I gone mad and created it in my head?  Was it real?  What was it called and do you know anything about it?  Thanks so much!!!

Subject: Re: 80s kids show - please help?

Written By: Niko101 on 01/27/05 at 7:01 am

No, you're not mad. I used to watch this show every day after school. It was called "The Write Channel." Remember singing the Palabra Jot song?  ::) Anyhoo, I found a site you might want to check out if you want to buy a tape or two. IMO they're a bit pricey, but nostalgia costs more sometimes...

http://www.ait.net/catalog/default.php?cPath=4_167

Written By: spikesgirl147 on 01/27/05 at 3:05 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!

Written By: learyofyou on 05/16/05 at 9:28 pm

I have an old Nickelodeon show memory that still haunts me: perhaps someone can help me?

It was a show that involved kids in an underground maze. They were always hunting for an object that could only be seen in a a special mirror. They time traveled within the maze each time they found it. I remember a French revolution episode. There was a evil woman with magic powers who was a different character in each episode.

There was also a story...perhaps a separate show entirely that involved the Stonehenge circle of a town. The stones were people running from some curse or something.

The third image that haunts me is of an alien that was like a human sized worm that "digested" people. It seems that in my memory these 3 shows were all the same show...but were divided into different mini-series-like episodes that were independant of each other.

This was back in the "Tomorrow People" days of nickelodeon.

Check for new replies or respond here...