inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bauhaus song used in UK car advert?

Written By: goodsin on 01/27/05 at 9:46 am

Hi Folks. Anyone seen the new LandRover car advert, currently being aired on UK TV? The backing tune sounds like a polished version of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus, can anyone shed any light on this?

Subject: Re: Bauhaus song used in UK car advert?

Written By: karen on 01/27/05 at 9:54 am

Not seen the ad yet goodsin but I'll listen out for it.  Seems a strange choice of music

Written By: goodsin on 01/28/05 at 5:38 am

Not seen the ad yet goodsin but I'll listen out for it.  Seems a strange choice of music

Indeed. Heard it again last night, and I'm fairly sure I'm correct, sounds like the start of the middle instrumental bit. I've only ever heard the live version of the song, but this sounds like either a studio version, or (heaven forbid!) a cover version.

Written By: karen on 02/14/05 at 7:32 am

Finally saw this advert on Saturday night, but only realised right at the end what song was playing.  It was for the new Freelander, right? I'm fairly sure it's the studio version of Bela Lugosi.

Written By: Gis on 02/14/05 at 9:23 am

On this subject, there's a car ad that's using a version of 'Have Love Will Travel'. I only know the Crazyhead version.Does anyone know if their's was a cover??

Check for new replies or respond here...