inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This City"

Written By: woops on 01/30/05 at 7:48 pm

BTW, I disliked Starship long before Blender listed "We Built This City" as the worst song of All Time.

Personally, both are amongst the worst songs of All Time.  :P

Subject: Re: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This City&qu

Written By: sputnikcorp on 01/30/05 at 8:25 pm

puttin' on the ritz is cheesy, so i like it for that. we built this city is just embaressing.

Subject: Re: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This City&qu

Written By: Dagwood on 01/30/05 at 8:52 pm

We Built This City

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/30/05 at 9:09 pm

We Built This City - complete sell out! I liked Puttin' on the Ritz.

Tanya

Subject: Re: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This City&am

Written By: Howard on 01/30/05 at 9:16 pm

Puttin On The Ritz :P

Howard

Written By: Hairspray on 01/31/05 at 8:37 am

Taco "Puttin' On The Ritz"  :P Yuck!!! The video's even worse. That pasty-faced look on that guy freaked me the heck out.

Written By: rubixgirl on 01/31/05 at 9:45 am

I actually liked both.  :D

Subject: Re: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This Ci

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/31/05 at 9:56 am

I actually liked both.  :D
Nice if there was that option ::) I'm with you :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/05 at 10:25 am

"Puttin' On The Ritz"

Subject: Re: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This City&am

Written By: McDonald on 01/31/05 at 11:17 am

We Built This City - complete sell out! I liked Puttin' on the Ritz.

Tanya

Ditto, completely.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/31/05 at 12:26 pm

Both are pretty bad.  :P

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/31/05 at 3:24 pm

"We Built This City" is far worse.  At least Taco didn't take himself too seriously.

Subject: Re: Worst Song Battle: "Puttin' On The Ritz" ('80's cover) or "We Built This Ci

Written By: Phoneman on 01/31/05 at 3:43 pm

Grace Slick was creepy but not as bad as Taco.

Written By: Howard on 01/31/05 at 4:40 pm

one song is easy going.Taco sings about The Ritz Carlton Hotel & Starship sings about toughness in "We Built This City".

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 01/31/05 at 5:15 pm

Taco "Puttin' On The Ritz"  :P Yuck!!! The video's even worse. That pasty-faced look on that guy freaked me the heck out.

I agree...Video wise I'd say Starship was superior to Taco as well :)

Written By: AL-B on 01/31/05 at 5:36 pm

I voted for "We Built This City."

I remember when "Puttin' On The Ritz" came out. I was around 13 and my friends and I would sing along, but instead of singing "Puttin' On The Ritz" we'd sing "Suckin' On Her Ti*s."

;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 01/31/05 at 5:49 pm

I voted for "We Built This City."

I remember when "Puttin' On The Ritz" came out. I was around 13 and my friends and I would sing along, but instead of singing "Puttin' On The Ritz" we'd sing "Suckin' On Her Ti*s."

;D

same here! i think that parody was obvious the world over.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/05 at 12:28 am

one song is easy going.Taco sings about The Ritz Carlton Hotel & Starship sings about toughness in "We Built This City".

Howard

LOL.......  ::)  ;D

Written By: migi on 02/01/05 at 9:08 am

Whattahell? Am I the only one who actually liked We built this city. I think it's an excellent song...And I mean it. Especially the part where the man speaks from the radio. Cool 8)

Written By: Howard on 02/01/05 at 4:53 pm

LOL.......  ::)  ;D

What's so funny Jamie? ???

Howard

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/01/05 at 5:48 pm

They're both so great ...  :D

Written By: Judas on 02/01/05 at 6:08 pm

Both. I've never cared for either one.

Written By: smashlee_skye on 02/02/05 at 5:47 am

Whattahell? Am I the only one who actually liked We built this city. I think it's an excellent song...And I mean it. Especially the part where the man speaks from the radio. Cool 8)

No! i LOVE "We Built This City"! I'm too young to have seen the video more than maybe once on a flashback show or something, but it's so catchy. It gets such a bum rap and I think that's incredibly unfair - there are thousands and thousands of songs infinitely crappier than "We Built This City".

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/02/05 at 6:04 am

I didn't vote because I like both songs.

Check for new replies or respond here...