inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Guy Costume Ideas? Please read

Written By: Cameron on 02/03/05 at 4:39 pm

Well at my school  I guess the student council is trying to bring the students together lol, but monday is crazy hair day, tuesday is called "blast from the past: and I have to dress like I am from the 60's 70's or 80's I don't really know what to do so any suggestions would be awesome.All i can get. I checked out the costume Ideas section but I don't know I need a person to person suggest.

Subject: Re: 80's Guy Costume Ideas? Please read

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/03/05 at 6:17 pm

Hmmmm...

A well-tailored suit, or a nice white dress shirt (puffy sleeves are an option) with a double-breasted vest topped off with a Fedora. If you opt for the suit, make sure you wear a thin tie. It doesn't necessarily have to be leather. Eyeliner and a bit of lipstick is a nice touch. (Just a few things from the Ultravox/John Foxx book of fashion. Now those were guys with fashion sense!) :)

Or you could model yourself after the following eighties icons:

Martin Gore (from Depeche Mode)
Crockett and Tubbs (Miami Vice)
Boy George
Adam Ant
Mike Score (from A Flock Of Seagulls)
Nick Rhodes or John Taylor (from Duran Duran)

Depending on the look you choose, you might want to consider having some industrial strength hairspray on hand!! Hope this all helps! ;)

Absolutely Vile

Subject: Re: 80's Guy Costume Ideas? Please read

Written By: bubble on 02/03/05 at 9:15 pm

best thing to do is rent 80's teen movies like 16 candles, better off dead ,pretty in pink or .the breakfast club they will all have typical 80's styles from geek to super cool rad dudes to jocks

Check for new replies or respond here...