inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another song title and artist

Written By: matdn on 02/03/05 at 6:48 pm

Does anyone else know the name of the woman who sang ( i could be wrong here ) Ciao baby or ciao ?, i'm pretty sure it isnb'e ciao bella but it may be. It had a sound similar to Petula Clarke, like a 60's-70's sound. I had it on a various artist cassette which had a green cover many moons ago. Probably about 12+ years.
Please please help, couldn't find anything that sounded familiar on the 2 lyric sites i know of.
Cheers! :\'(

Subject: Re: Another song title and artist

Written By: stingr22 on 02/03/05 at 10:07 pm

Do you know any other words to the song?

Written By: karen on 02/04/05 at 7:23 am

I put "ciao baby" +lyrics into google and got many links to a sing called Edie by The Cult.  Could it be that one?  It also flagged up a Status Quo song and another one called Sayonara but I didn't get the artist for that one.

Written By: Paul on 02/04/05 at 7:35 am

Could it possibly be 'Ciao Baby' by Lynn Randell...? That was in the 60s...

MOD...here's the first verse of this number - ring any bells?

Ciao baby, let's call it a day
Ciao baby, go ahead and throw my love away
No baby, it's too late to change your mind and stay
Please don't drag it out much longer
Leave before the hurt gets stronger - Ciao

Did a bit of rooting around my back issues of a certain magazine and I find that Sandie Shaw also did a version - not heard this, tho'...

Written By: matdn on 02/06/05 at 6:27 pm

I'm going to check these out now and will let you know if i find it, thank you all for your help, i have been hang'n to hear this blast from my ipod for some time.....yes..i am a queen.
Cheers!

Written By: matdn on 02/06/05 at 7:09 pm

I am pretty sure it is Lynn Randell but i can't find an mp3 copy anywhere yet....
I will how ever go to the ends of the earth to get that song....just hope it's the right bloody one.
Cheers and thanks for everyones help.

Written By: matdn on 02/07/05 at 5:25 pm

I'm pretty sure it is Lynn randall but i can't find it anywhere. I know it is deifinately not the cult and the lyrics above seem spot on ( i think ) How ever when i try and remember the tune i keep having renee and renata pop into my head.
Cheers!

Written By: james on 04/27/06 at 5:55 am

try Lynne Randell - Ciao Baby

Check for new replies or respond here...