inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: INXS to audition for new frontman in a reality tv show

Written By: Rhiannon on 02/04/05 at 8:59 am

Okay, so I heard that the remaining members of INXS are holding auditions for a new frontperson and will be televising it in a kind of "American Idol" type reality show.

Can anyone confirm this info?  I really don't want to believe it's true... ???

Subject: Re: INXS to audition for new frontman in a reality tv show

Written By: McDonald on 02/04/05 at 11:00 am

It's true. They talk about it on Sirius 22 all the time. I say "BOOOOOOO!!!!!"

No one could ever hope to replace Michael Hutchence, and even if there were someon... did they have to make such twats out of themselves to do it?

Written By: Rhiannon on 02/04/05 at 12:29 pm

It's true. They talk about it on Sirius 22 all the time. I say "BOOOOOOO!!!!!"

No one could ever hope to replace Michael Hutchence, and even if there were someon... did they have to make such twats out of themselves to do it?

God...tell me about it!  I cannot believe it!  It's totally disgusting...like finding a new singer is one thing but making it into a reality show is just beyond ridiculous!  Grrrrr! >:(

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 02/05/05 at 11:01 pm

Auditions have been underway here for some time.  Its not "quite" like Idol (and believe me I am not sticking up for them !!). My radio stn is one of the sponsors and they have been playing some of the "failures" each morning.

You have to send a proper demo in first. You have to sing rock - anyone who send pop in goes straight to the bin apparently.

Personally I was never a fan and I find it quite demeaning that a band would go to these lengths to get a new lead singer.  It was INXS long before MH joined the band - and it was the Farris Brothers before that.

If the Farris's want to continue on - why not just get on with it ? do they really need to audition via a reality tv show?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/05/05 at 11:25 pm

Change the NAME and don't spit on Michaels memory >:(

Written By: SuspiciousMinds on 02/06/05 at 7:50 am

I've been hearing on the radio they were in Toronto this weekend...
I'm with anyone who says they'll never replace Michael..

Written By: AchtungBaby on 02/06/05 at 9:02 am

Sad but true - here is the website http://www.inxsrockstar.com/site .

No one could ever replace Michael.  RIP!!

Written By: rachel on 02/06/05 at 7:14 pm

I have heard this and believe it to be true. They will never replace Michael Hutchence. I think they should tour with a new frontman. Who it would be - I do not know. Maybe that's why they need to audition, but as a reality TV show!? It's just tacky.

I personally pride myself on not knowing what's up with various "reality" shows and this one will be no exception. I will not be sucked it by INXS capitalizing on TV the tragedy of Micheal's death and his girlfriend's subsequent suicide.

So there.

Check for new replies or respond here...