inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: People Are People with different needs

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 5:05 pm

That song is so great!  and cheesy  ;D

Subject: Re: People Are People with different needs

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/04/05 at 6:12 pm

Er...yeah. Great song. Depeche Mode have sooo many better songs though. I highly recommend them.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 6:14 pm

Er...yeah. Great song. Depeche Mode have sooo many better songs though. I highly recommend them.

Absolutely Vile

So do you think its weak for DM?  Yeah I've heard 3 or 4 songs by them.  "Enjoy The Silence" is their best I've heard imo.
I would buy their album but my older brother would kill me.  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/04/05 at 6:29 pm

So do you think its weak for DM?  Yeah I've heard 3 or 4 songs by them.  "Enjoy The Silence" is their best I've heard imo.
I would buy their album but my older brother would kill me.  ;D

Depeche Mode have had, like, ten albums since 1981. You really need to hear their other stuff...ALL OF IT. And why should you care about what other people think?? Buy their albums!

Oh, and I wouldn't necessarily call "People Are People" weak. It's just an over-played standard song.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 6:36 pm

Depeche Mode have had, like, ten albums since 1981. You really need to hear their other stuff...ALL OF IT. And why should you care about what other people think?? Buy their albums!

Oh, and I wouldn't necessarily call "People Are People" weak. It's just an over-played standard song.

Absolutely Vile

Yeah it's a tad overplayed.  And it's cheesy, and DM are normally uncheesy from what I've heard.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/04/05 at 6:39 pm

Yeah it's a tad overplayed.  And it's cheesy, and DM are normally uncheesy from what I've heard.

It's certainly not Martin Gore's best lyrical work. He's done better, before and since.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 6:41 pm

It's certainly not Martin Gore's best lyrical work. He's done better, before and since.

Absolutely Vile

I just love the synth on that song.  The moral is so OLD!  ;D

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/04/05 at 6:47 pm

I just love the synth on that song.  The moral is so OLD!  ;D

The moral? You mean of unity and all people regardless of their differences getting along? That is timeless...

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/04/05 at 6:52 pm

The moral? You mean of unity and all people regardless of their differences getting along? That is timeless...

Absolutely Vile

I'm not belittling the moral .. it's just it's been said many times.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 02/04/05 at 7:01 pm

I'm not belittling the moral .. it's just it's been said many times.

Yeah, but it's still as relevant today as it was twenty years ago when that song was released...and even before then.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Rush on 02/05/05 at 1:52 am

At least People Are People hit it big in the states. Without that they may not have got there until 1990.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/05/05 at 9:41 am

i became a fan of depeche mode from that song. i loved the video. it was a good anti-war song, i didn't think it was cheesy in the least.

Written By: stingr22 on 02/05/05 at 9:46 am

People Are People is DM's best song.  In fact, lyrically it sends a better message than just about any song out there.  :)

Written By: kairi747 on 02/05/05 at 7:28 pm

i also became a fan after that song.  but it is definitely not their best and it is overplayed, like everyone has said.  my favorites are  enjoy the silence, blasphemous rumours  and also just can't get enough

Check for new replies or respond here...