inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me name this 80's movie (where monsters live under beds)

Written By: denver on 02/05/05 at 8:02 am

I remember this from when I was a kid.. it may very well have been out of the early 90s, but I just can't remember it well enough.

The whole theme was monsters that lived under children's beds, the underside of a bed was like a door to a monster world. There was one really cool monster who could only come out at night and was friends with all the kids.

At one point the kids and their friend monster guy (donning a leather jacket and hornes on his forehead) pissed in a bullies apple juice jar.

And at the end they fought some kind of boss who was a kid with the back of his skull removed, revealing his brains. One of the kids was a girl with a science project that let her shine light all over the bad monsters.

And at the very end they ended up on a beach somewhere.

This is all I can remember. Just surreal memories in the back of my mind of watching this movie with my brother/sister. Someone has to help me out on this, I know someone here knows this movie.

Subject: Re: Help me name this 80's movie (where monsters live under beds)

Written By: Skippy on 02/06/05 at 1:37 am

Sounds like "Little Monsters" released in 1989. Maurice(Howie Mandel) as the monster, Brian Stevenson(Fred Savage) as the boy. Also appearing Eric Stevenson(Ben Savage), Keirsten(Amber Barretto), the head monster known only as "Boy"(Frank Whaley).

Written By: NbC on 02/06/05 at 3:25 am

Yup, has to be Little Monsters.  Cute movie.  My kid's favorite when she was little.

Written By: denver on 02/06/05 at 10:10 am

Oh my god. Thank you all.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/06/05 at 10:33 am

It is Little Monsters.

Check for new replies or respond here...