inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What happened to 80s young Hollywood?

Written By: stingr22 on 02/05/05 at 10:13 am

Inspired from Xonnie316's Corey Haim post, it got me to thinking of the young actors and actresses from the 80s (the Brat Pack and beyond) and what happened to them.  There are a few young actors from the 80s that are kind of MIA or don't really get good roles anymore.  I think of Haim and Feldman, Molly Ringwald, Phoebe Cates, Judd Nelson, etc. that are rarely, if ever heard from today.

They seemed like decent actors/actresses to me, but for some reason they are rarely, if ever, heard from.  But you look at some of their co-stars, Kevin Bacon, Sean Penn, John Cusack, Juila Roberts, etc. and they are obviously still in the limelight.  In their earlier performances, they didn't really set themselves apart from their peers, but for some reason the people in the first paragraph are largely MIA. 

Who knew that Sean Penn (as Spokoli) would be regarded as one of Hollywood's finest actors one day?  And who would think in 1985 that Judd Nelson would be rarely seen these days?  Back in the 80s, he was considered one of the greatest young actors of his time.  And did you know that Molly Ringwald turned down Julia Roberts' part in Pretty Woman?  Bet she's kicking herself now!

Who are some other actors/actresses from back then that are either megastars now or are on milk cartons?

Subject: Re: What happened to 80s young Hollywood?

Written By: woops on 02/05/05 at 6:01 pm

One of the Brat Packers (Anthony Michael Hall, I think) is now on the USA drama "Dead Zone"

And 'Ducky' from "Pretty In Pink" now stars on a sitcom. (Don't know if it's still on air)

Written By: Howard on 02/05/05 at 7:00 pm

Michael J Fox

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/05 at 10:04 pm

One of the Brat Packers (Anthony Michael Hall, I think) is now on the USA drama "Dead Zone"

And 'Ducky' from "Pretty In Pink" now stars on a sitcom. (Don't know if it's still on air)

Yep, Two and a Half Men is still on the air, and it's one of my favorite shows too!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/05 at 10:05 pm

Whatever happend to Emillo Estevez? 

Written By: Howard on 02/05/05 at 10:06 pm

Whatever happend to Emillo Estevez? 

acting,I think. ???

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...