inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's horror movie

Written By: mr.smith s on 02/06/05 at 10:20 am

Ok there is this 80's horror movie that I do not know nor can give a lot of info on.  All I can Remember is a little claymation type creature sucking peoples souls in.  It was really cheesy.  I wish I had more details.  Its making me go crazy. Any clue, anyone?

Subject: Re: 80's horror movie

Written By: Dagwood on 02/06/05 at 3:32 pm

Sounds like one of the stories in Twilight Zone the Movie (at least I think it was Twilight Zone...it could have been a different movie).  It was a little troll that sucked the souls from babies.  Drew Barrymore was the kid and she had a cat that was trying to save her...does that sound familiar?

Written By: michael on 02/06/05 at 10:35 pm

Is it " trilogy of horror"? where there is a little canibal looking guy that attacks a woman in the back of the leg...I haven't actually seen it yet but i have heard it was a great flick and is available at Amazon.com
hope you find it.
;)

Written By: Skippy on 02/07/05 at 2:32 am

Sounds like one of the stories in Twilight Zone the Movie (at least I think it was Twilight Zone...it could have been a different movie).  It was a little troll that sucked the souls from babies.  Drew Barrymore was the kid and she had a cat that was trying to save her...does that sound familiar?

Dag, I think that was part of a collection of Steven King short stories, anyway it was called "Cat's Eye" released 1985. I remember watching it. At the end they showed the cat on her chest sucking out her soul.....Spooked me real good.

Written By: mr.smith s on 02/07/05 at 8:40 am

Not sure,  but it could be some kind of troll.  I remember one scene where that little thing sucked someones soul while inside an air duct.  and you get to see these really cheesy effects.

Written By: rubixgirl on 02/07/05 at 8:58 am

Ok there is this 80's horror movie that I do not know nor can give a lot of info on.  All I can Remember is a little claymation type creature sucking peoples souls in.  It was really cheesy.  I wish I had more details.  Its making me go crazy. Any clue, anyone?

Sounds like Cat's Eye...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088889/

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/07/05 at 11:10 am

Is it " trilogy of horror"? where there is a little canibal looking guy that attacks a woman in the back of the leg...I haven't actually seen it yet but i have heard it was a great flick and is available at Amazon.com
hope you find it.
;)

That tale was scary! Til this day I get freaked out!

Tanya

Written By: mr.smith s on 02/07/05 at 3:38 pm

Sounds like Cat's Eye...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088889/

I looked the info up on that trilogy,  it might be that i think i might have to go out out and find it to rent.  Thanks! :)

Written By: rubixgirl on 02/07/05 at 3:47 pm

I looked the info up on that trilogy,  it might be that i think i might have to go out out and find it to rent.  Thanks! :)

The Triology of Terror is different from Cat's Eye. Cat's Eye is the one with Drew Barrymore.

Written By: mr.smith s on 02/07/05 at 4:04 pm

The Triology of Terror is different from Cat's Eye. Cat's Eye is the one with Drew Barrymore.

awesome! thanks for clarifying.

Written By: rubixgirl on 02/07/05 at 4:08 pm

awesome! thanks for clarifying.

You are welcome. :)

Written By: Rain on Marz on 07/31/05 at 10:02 am

Is that the one where the little troll like guy has a little sword and pokes people with it, and then in the end he ends up getting chopped up in the blades of a  fan,
While we are on the topic, I need help, with a few things,
~There is a little boy, who may have been bullied and ends up staying over night in a church,where he stays up on a window ledge/shelf of some sort,by a orange(the fruit)wedge shaped window, and sometime in the middle of the night he hear's a little girls voice, singing "Have you ever seen a dream walking,have you ever heard a dream talking?" and the little boy is witness to the little girl getting hurt or something by a man, who places her body in  a ventilating vent or grill/grate,or something like that.by the door, and he watches it repeatedly I think, not too sure. but in the end the song continues on with a man singing it, with somethig about cakes,dreams, I can't describe it any better than that,but I've looked pretty much everywhere, and can't find it.
~Another one, I got a set of books when I was like 6 or 7, they were like choose your own adventure books, had to do with a ruby stone, or something liekthat, wizards, sorcerers.The cover was white,with a oval window cover over a pic underneath.I think there may have been dragons, I loved this book,but that same year, my younger sister had cut them up and they got thrown away. :(
~Another one, a movie, I thought may have been amityville,I was very young, there were zombies/aliens or something. A mother and a little girl were in a room, and had to get out, there was some skeletons or something coming out of the water that was near by there home.and in the room with the mother and child by the door, where lightswitches usually are,was an alien of some sort.and the mother and child wouldn't move from the bed. and inthe end, the family ended up in water, the house had caught on fire or soemthing, and was consumed by evil,or soemthing, they watchedthe house burn down and get sucked in to a hole. Not too sure, I was young, but there seems to be at least one person here for everyone that asks a question with the right answer. I figured maybe somebody could help me. ~Rain~

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/31/05 at 11:45 am

Cat's Eye is a pretty good film, the most creepiest part of the movie (other than the third story) is the beginning story that takes place in a clinic that specializes in getting people to quit smoking, the doctor who owns the clinic threatens to cut his fingers off for each cigarette he smokes and kill his wife, the doctor evens goes as far as electrocuting a cat to put his point across.

Written By: cheekygeek on 08/04/05 at 8:07 pm

Not sure about the other things you mentioned--though the movie about the house getting sucked into a hole sounds very much like Amityville Horror.  Anyway, the first movie you mentioned is called The Lady in White starring Lucas Haas.  There's a really freaky scene where there's this ghost woman outside his window that scares the life out of me to this day.  Hope this helps.

Written By: Class of 84 on 08/04/05 at 9:38 pm

That tale was scary! Til this day I get freaked out!

Tanya

I remember watching that in the 70's and thinking for years afterwards that darn troll lived under my bed, terrified the bejeebies out of me also!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/04/05 at 11:12 pm

I remember watching that in the 70's and thinking for years afterwards that darn troll lived under my bed, terrified the bejeebies out of me also!

It sounds creepy...

Written By: Powerslave on 08/05/05 at 12:41 am

Cat's Eye is a pretty good film, the most creepiest part of the movie (other than the third story) is the beginning story that takes place in a clinic that specializes in getting people to quit smoking, the doctor who owns the clinic threatens to cut his fingers off for each cigarette he smokes and kill his wife, the doctor evens goes as far as electrocuting a cat to put his point across.

In the story, it was a rabbit. But in the film, every time he has a cigarette, something happens to someone in his family. When he sneaks one and gets caught, they put his wife in the room with the electric grid on the floor and turn it on. He's warned that if he doesn't stop, they'll do it to his child next, and then if he doesn't stop after that, it will be worse (the implication is that the wife will be raped -- in an early scene, the protagonist walks into the office and a guy is sitting in a chair whimpering "I just can't stop" while a woman in screaming from another room). Once he stops, he's told that if he starts to put weight on, they'll come around and cut off one of his wife's fingers. It's a very powerful sequence that I still remember even though I only saw this film once, over 20 years ago.

Written By: MetalManiac on 08/05/05 at 8:58 am

LOL! me too...I solved the problem in '85 by ditching my bed and bought a waterbed. Problem solved. Nothing could live under my bed anymore since I no longer had an under the bed  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/05/05 at 9:41 am

In the story, it was a rabbit. But in the film, every time he has a cigarette, something happens to someone in his family. When he sneaks one and gets caught, they put his wife in the room with the electric grid on the floor and turn it on. He's warned that if he doesn't stop, they'll do it to his child next, and then if he doesn't stop after that, it will be worse (the implication is that the wife will be raped -- in an early scene, the protagonist walks into the office and a guy is sitting in a chair whimpering "I just can't stop" while a woman in screaming from another room). Once he stops, he's told that if he starts to put weight on, they'll come around and cut off one of his wife's fingers. It's a very powerful sequence that I still remember even though I only saw this film once, over 20 years ago.

Thanks for clearing things up! The scene with the cat beign electrocuted (he survives fortunatly) still creeps me out! I would hate to go to that clinic! Luckly, I don't smoke!

Written By: Dukefan on 08/05/05 at 8:01 pm

LOL.  Cat's Eye is one of my favorite 80s movies. (Well, one of my 20 or 30 favorites anyway, lol)

All three sequinces in that film scared me.  The first one where the guy joins the stop smoking club, then they start threatening him to stop, and then the second one where the rich man makes that guy walk across the ledge on the skyscraper really freaked me out as well. (I think I actually got dizzy while watching that part!)

The third one with the troll and Drew Barrymore is great too.

It's a very fun movie to watch.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/05/05 at 9:56 pm

LOL.  Cat's Eye is one of my favorite 80s movies. (Well, one of my 20 or 30 favorites anyway, lol)

All three sequinces in that film scared me.  The first one where the guy joins the stop smoking club, then they start threatening him to stop, and then the second one where the rich man makes that guy walk across the ledge on the skyscraper really freaked me out as well. (I think I actually got dizzy while watching that part!)

The third one with the troll and Drew Barrymore is great too.

It's a very fun movie to watch.

The second story was bit more funny than scary, the whole film itself is good.

Written By: GREEN67 on 08/07/05 at 12:20 pm

::)  Yep...I did the waterbed thing as well.... Still have it........I even pull the drawers out now and then just to make sure a troll hasnt burrowed up in there..lol

Check for new replies or respond here...