inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Morton Frozen Tv Dinners

Written By: jenshad on 02/07/05 at 9:09 pm

Does anyone out there remember the Frozen Morton TV Dinners?  My all-time favorite was the beans and franks!  Boy, how I wished you could still get these.  I have been looking for years!  Does anyone know if they are still out there maybe available?  It had a big serving of beans and franks and fried apples with a wedge of sweet cornbread muffin.  Oh, how I loved that!  My mom usually bought me 1 a week and I relished it!

Subject: Re: Morton Frozen Tv Dinners

Written By: Justin on 03/05/10 at 1:23 pm

I love mortons frozen dinners.  I remember the spaghetti ones that were packaged in the form of a dinner pot pie.  Those were the best.  I wish i could find those again.  If anyone knows of how i could get those again, please let me know via email.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/10 at 10:54 pm

Morton's?  Fug dat zhit! If you saw those on the counter, you knew the parents were going off to some chi-chi dinner and you're not invited!  Hope you like grisly Salisbury steak, lumpy mashed potatoes, soggy carrots, and a turd brownie for dessert!
8-P

Written By: Jack on 05/01/10 at 12:26 pm

Does anyone out there remember the Frozen Morton TV Dinners?  My all-time favorite was the beans and franks!  Boy, how I wished you could still get these.  I have been looking for years!  Does anyone know if they are still out there maybe available?  It had a big serving of beans and franks and fried apples with a wedge of sweet cornbread muffin.  Oh, how I loved that!  My mom usually bought me 1 a week and I relished it!

Morton frozen dinners and pot pies ceased production several years ago...  :(  I loved their chicken and turkey pot pies and several varieties of the their tv dinners as well.  Swanson and Banquet just ain't as good as Morton's was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton_Frozen_Foods

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/10 at 8:15 pm

Morton frozen dinners and pot pies ceased production several years ago...   :(  I loved their chicken and turkey pot pies and several varieties of the their tv dinners as well.  Swanson and Banquet just ain't as good as Morton's was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morton_Frozen_Foods

Ceased before anybody else got deceased!
8-P

Written By: nancy Caudill on 07/31/11 at 3:36 pm

remember the meat loaf dinners with corn and potatoes? what ever happened to the flavorful dinners we once knew?? why did they change when they were so great??what they call meatloaf in there dinners today is actually Salisbury steak and how can anyone call it meatloaf , when there is no tomato sauce. how can you make something better  when it was perfect to begin with. we never buy TV dinners any more. you can't eat something that doesn't taste good. it is the simple fact.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/11 at 6:39 am

I prefer the Hungry Man 1lb. of food in the tray,at least they give you more food in the tray and you'll feel full more afterwards.

Written By: brian hyde on 05/21/13 at 7:58 pm

i was born in 1970 so i remember well the mortons...remember their glazed doughnuts? you baked them from frozon OMG you cant beat those! i miss the aluminum trays but als the damn microwave showed up lol

Written By: moycon on 05/22/13 at 10:13 pm

I always hated it when a corn kernel or two migrated over to the brownie and baked into the top. That's salisbury steak was goood, but man it had like 100% of your recommended daily allowance for saturated fat! Can you say artery clogging!

Written By: Howard on 05/23/13 at 7:00 am

I always hated it when a corn kernel or two migrated over to the brownie and baked into the top. That's salisbury steak was goood, but man it had like 100% of your recommended daily allowance for saturated fat! Can you say artery clogging!

I had that the other day and I hate it too when you're eating the brownie part and a corn kernel falls right into the brownie, It's the small portions I'm not crazy about.

Check for new replies or respond here...