inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Mad Libs?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/08/05 at 10:06 pm

One of my favorite things to do on car trips was Mad Libs, it was fun writing  and coming up with words and trying to make funny stories!  ;D

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Mad Libs?

Written By: Layce on 02/08/05 at 11:23 pm

yeeeaaa...there were ones that took half a century to finish. And you ended up stories that didn't make sense saying stupid things. So lame  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/09/05 at 12:13 am

yeeeaaa...there were ones that took half a century to finish. And you ended up stories that didn't make sense saying stupid things. So lame  ;D

But that's what made them fun!  ::)  ;D

Written By: mrgazpacho on 02/09/05 at 6:08 am

I remember having to mix up the order in which I asked for words from the other players, because people were deliberately choosing silly word combiinations... :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/05 at 9:43 am

They actually came out in the 70s but were still popular in the 80s-in fact, they are still around today. I thought they were fun. They also helped kids learn parts of speech (i.e. adjetives, adverbs, etc.)

Cat

Written By: Mona on 02/09/05 at 10:04 am

These are great for party games and so fun the kids don't even realize they are educational.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/09/05 at 10:52 am

Yup, I loved them! I saw some the other day at Michael's Arts and Crafts.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...